Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How can i display a "Latin Block" of text

How can i display a "Latin Block" of text

Mel

how can i display a latin block of text on my site ?

something like:

Por qu usar Google?

when i do above, it shows up as:

¿Por qué usar Google?¿Por qué usar Google?

thanks for your help

Toby Inkster

Mel wrote:

> how can i display a latin block of text on my site ?
> something like:
> ¿Por qué usar Google?

Latin doesn't use silly upside-down question marks. Spanish does though.

And then make sure you save your document using a character set that
supports all those non-ASCII characters (UTF-8 is usually a good choice)
and make sure that your web server includes the correct character set in
its HTTP headers.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Richard

"Mel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how can i display a latin block of text on my site ?
>
> something like:
>
> Por qu usar Google?
>
> when i do above, it shows up as:
>
> ¿Por qué usar Google?¿Por qué usar Google?
>
> thanks for your help

Try using &iquest for the

or &#191