Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Creating a scrolling table with fixed header

Reply
Thread Tools

Creating a scrolling table with fixed header

 
 
The Litwaks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Hi,

I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such
that the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of
the screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly
from the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a
bunch of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like
this. Any suggestions? Thanks.


Ken

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Previously in alt.html, The Litwaks <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such
> that the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of
> the screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly
> from the database below appear in a scrollable window.


Someone asked the same question just the other day. Basically, it is
quite easy to do. Except IE doesn't support it. It may be possible to
hack your way around IE's inadequacies; check the archives of the group.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Karl Core
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005

"The Litwaks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
> the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
> screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
> the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch of
> HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this. Any
> suggestions? Thanks.


GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!


--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":
http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?...&item=boneyard


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Litwaks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005


Karl Core wrote:
> "The Litwaks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
>>the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
>>screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
>>the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch of
>>HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this. Any
>>suggestions? Thanks.

>
>
> GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!
>
>


Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
would I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers
that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
I'm after.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Karl Core
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005

"The Litwaks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
> Karl Core wrote:
>> "The Litwaks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
>>> the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
>>> screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
>>> the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch
>>> of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this.
>>> Any suggestions? Thanks.

>>
>>
>> GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!
>>
>>

>
> Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How would
> I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers that I got
> downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what I'm after.
>


Keep looking, genius. It was asked two days ago (or less)


--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":
http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?...&item=boneyard


 
Reply With Quote
 
Duende
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
While sitting in a puddle The Litwaks scribbled in the mud:

> Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
> would I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers
> that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
> I'm after.


Look for the subject "vertical scroll inside table ?"
http://tinyurl.com/6hmxs

Mr. Core is a bit ****ed about a bit of flameing that's been going on here
and seams a bit on edge right now. He is one of the best in the group when it
comes to knowing this stuff.

p.s.
I think I'm one of the persons he's ****ed at.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR
 
Reply With Quote
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
The Litwaks wrote:
>> GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!


> Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
> would I know this?


Google

> Second, I just looked through the message headers
> that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
> I'm after.


Google


--
-=tn=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005

"The Litwaks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such
> that the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of
> the screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly
> from the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a
> bunch of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like
> this. Any suggestions? Thanks.
>
>


http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...=2004&safe=off


When it comes to this sort of thing, brucie is the master.
I'm sure you'll find plenty of his samples to give you an answer.

He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
Captions on both top and bottom.
So it can be done.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005
Richard wrote:
> He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
> Captions on both top and bottom.
> So it can be done.


A little off topic, but important none the less. With so many people
now adding the X-archive to their header (like brucie, and a few others
here). What use is this forum, and searching groups in Google, going
to be in a year?
7 days after the post,it is not searchable anymore.

--
-=tn=-

 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-13-2005

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Richard wrote:
> > He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
> > Captions on both top and bottom.
> > So it can be done.

>
> A little off topic, but important none the less. With so many people
> now adding the X-archive to their header (like brucie, and a few others
> here). What use is this forum, and searching groups in Google, going
> to be in a year?
> 7 days after the post,it is not searchable anymore.
>


Because the vast majority of posters do not how to utilize XNA, let alone
even know what it is.
In my search, I found the very first topic, quite old, was one in which
brucie replied and his post was intact.
As many posters ues OE, it is cumbersome to add the header, yes it can be
done.
That is why I use the fidolook plug in because it is done automatically with
each post.

What you do not understand is, only the post that contained the XNA will not
be shown.
If someone replied to that post without XNA, it will be shown in the entire
thread.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scrolling GridView with fixed Header Jimmy B ASP .Net 3 02-10-2008 12:37 PM
2nd request fixed headers for scrolling table richard HTML 4 10-11-2006 07:13 PM
Fixed & Updated Groupable Table Header Webby Java 0 09-18-2004 01:52 PM
Scrollable table widget with fixed header Mel Javascript 2 07-10-2004 04:34 PM
fix table header when scrolling Hendrik Lampert HTML 3 02-03-2004 03:28 PM



Advertisments