Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Open new browser window with no toolbars

Open new browser window with no toolbars

James M. Haberman

I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site. How do I force these
HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible tool
bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

Thanks!

jim

Steve Pugh

"James M. Haberman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
>convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site. How do I force these
>HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible tool
>bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

Press F11 (or whatever the equivalent is in your browser) when you
start the presentation.

Opera has a nice feature called OperaShow which is designed for things
like this.

Steve

James M. Haberman

Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without the user
manually doing so?

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "James M. Haberman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
> >convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site. How do I force these
> >HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible

tool
> >bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

> Press F11 (or whatever the equivalent is in your browser) when you
> start the presentation.
>
> Opera has a nice feature called OperaShow which is designed for things
> like this.
>
> Steve

Steve Pugh

"James M. Haberman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without the user
>manually doing so?

Please don't top post.

You can't 'force' anything on the www.

You can use JavaScript to try and launch a new window full screen but
SP2 for Win XP has placed some additional limits on how much can be
done here (e.g. much harder to hide the title bar than it was before).
And if the user doesn't have JavaScript enabled then you're out of
luck.

It's much friendlier to trust the user and let them open your
presentation full screen if they think it deserves it.

Steve

Travis Newbury

James M. Haberman wrote:
> Is there a way to force the browser to open in full screen without

the user
> manually doing so?

Short answer = No

Long answer = Yes, google "popup window" but it will _not_ work on
everyone's machine. It works better when you can control the viewers
machine settings (or have access to how they are set up) like on an
intranet.

--
-=tn=-

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "James M. Haberman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
said:

> I have created a number of PowerPoint presentations, and had PowerPoint
> convert them to HTML for inclusion on our web site.

Yucky.

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_do_I_force

> these
> HTML presentations to open in a new browser window without any visible tool
> bars, so as to take advantage of the largest possible viewing area?

As Steve has said, that option should only ever be up to the user. In
this case the sites will only ever be usable for users using IE with its
factory default settings (except XP SP2 as Steve mentioned), so it would
be easy to do. But that still doesn't mean you should.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au