Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Why don't they fix this?

Why don't they fix this?

Jan Faerber

Why don't they fix this?

http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jan Faerber wrote:

> Why don't they fix this?
>
> http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

They use DreamWeaver and don't know how to write real stuff?
Bad template?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Steve Pugh

Jan Faerber <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Why don't they fix this?
>
>http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

Why don't you ask them?
Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
participants.

My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)

Steve

SpaceGirl

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
>> Why don't they fix this?
>>
>> http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

> They use DreamWeaver and don't know how to write real stuff?
> Bad template?

Throw away comment. You should know better Shaggy!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jan Faerber

Steve Pugh wrote:

> Jan Faerber <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Why don't they fix this?
>>
>>http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

> Why don't you ask them?
> Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
> participants.
>
> My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
> it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
> the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
> nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)

hm... They try to be uptodate:
http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/clevergames.jsp
Here they asked me to download a newer Flashplayer Version 7.

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

Jan Faerber

Jan Faerber wrote:

> Steve Pugh wrote:
>
>> Jan Faerber <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Why don't they fix this?
>>>
>>>http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

>> Why don't you ask them?
>> Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
>> participants.
>>
>> My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
>> it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
>> the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
>> nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)

> hm... They try to be uptodate:
> http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/clevergames.jsp
> Here they asked me to download a newer Flashplayer Version 7.

http://content.cleverlearn.com/dev/n...erPopup_de.htm

Very good! I improved my english.

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

Jan Faerber

Steve Pugh wrote:
> Jan Faerber <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Why don't they fix this?
> >
> >http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

> Why don't you ask them?
> Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
> participants.

I didn't not mention one thing about this in my e-mail. I only
subscribed to their newsletter.

> My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
> it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
> the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
> nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)
>
> Steve

Now they fixed it.

--
Jan

http://html.janfaerber.com

Steve Pugh

"Jan Faerber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Steve Pugh wrote:
>> Jan Faerber <jancfaerber_spider@monkey_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Why don't they fix this?
>> >
>> >http://www.cleverlearn.com/en/index.jsp

>> Why don't you ask them?
>> Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
>> participants.

>I didn't not mention one thing about this in my e-mail.

The e-mail that you sent to them asking why their site is so broken?
Or some other e-mail that is somehow (?) relevant?

> I only subscribed to their newsletter.

Why not mention that? The site is broken, as a subscriber to their
newsletter you want to know why. Seems reasonable.

>> My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
>> it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
>> the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
>> nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)

>Now they fixed it.

Not really.

JavaScript error in IE5.
Missing text in Opera.
Text is resizable in IE.
Really screwed if images are disabled.
Can't be bothered to look any more.

Steve

Richard

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:02:59 +0000 Steve Pugh wrote:

> "Jan Faerber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Steve Pugh wrote:

>>> Why don't you ask them?
>>> Telepathy isn't generally advertised as a skill by alt.html
>>> participants.

>>I didn't not mention one thing about this in my e-mail.

> The e-mail that you sent to them asking why their site is so broken?
> Or some other e-mail that is somehow (?) relevant?

>> I only subscribed to their newsletter.

> Why not mention that? The site is broken, as a subscriber to their
> newsletter you want to know why. Seems reasonable.

>>> My guess is that they only bothered to test in IE6 and so think that
>>> it's perfectly okay. (Though I get something very off happening with
>>> the text in the bottom right corner in IE6, but other than that it's
>>> nowhere near as broken as it is in IE5, Firefox or Opera.)

>>Now they fixed it.

> Not really.

> JavaScript error in IE5.
> Missing text in Opera.
> Text is resizable in IE.
> Really screwed if images are disabled.
> Can't be bothered to look any more.

Oh please. I can tell IE to ignore the given text size all I want and do.
Why? To avoid having to read 6px high text.
In Firefox I press ctrl and + or - to change the text size.

Most of us know though, that if a site doesn't conform to the standards of
Steve Pugh, it's a shitty site.

Steve Pugh

"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

>> JavaScript error in IE5.
>> Missing text in Opera.
>> Text is resizable in IE.
>> Really screwed if images are disabled.
>> Can't be bothered to look any more.

>Oh please. I can tell IE to ignore the given text size all I want and do.

Yes, by disabling all font size styling. In an option that's buried
three levels deep inside the preferences. Under 'accessibility' not
under 'fonts'. Not very convenient to switch on and off as needed. The
normal method (view > font size) doesn't work.

>Why? To avoid having to read 6px high text.

Personally I set a minimum font size of 12px in my browser
preferences.

>In Firefox I press ctrl and + or - to change the text size.

Well done. But that's in Firefox, not in IE.

>Most of us know though, that if a site doesn't conform to the standards of
>Steve Pugh, it's a shitty site.

Most of us know that, that if a site was built by Richard, it's a
shitty site.

Steve