Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS problem (IE only)

CSS problem (IE only)

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

If you visit my website with IE you'll see the problem (the URL is in my
..sig). On firefox, moz, Opera, Konqueror and a few other browsers, the
menu system works fine (the CSS and pages all validate happily).

Put it onto IE and the CSS fails totally for the menus.

Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming it's down to IE
and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to eye again...

TTFN

Paul
--

http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk

Joy!

Els

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,

Hello again,

> If you visit my website with IE you'll see the problem (the
> URL is in my .sig). On firefox, moz, Opera, Konqueror and a
> few other browsers, the menu system works fine (the CSS and
> pages all validate happily).
>
> Put it onto IE and the CSS fails totally for the menus.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming
> it's down to IE and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to
> eye again...

5 days ago you asked the same question.
Steve Pugh gave a very complete answer.
Read it

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Steve Pugh

"Paul F. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you visit my website with IE you'll see the problem (the URL is in my
>.sig). On firefox, moz, Opera, Konqueror and a few other browsers, the
>menu system works fine (the CSS and pages all validate happily).

For some value of 'fine'. In Firefox I get overlapping text when the
sub-menu for C# is open and in Opera I get a real mess when any of the
menus are open.

>Put it onto IE and the CSS fails totally for the menus.
>
>Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming it's down to IE
>and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to eye again...

My response to your last post about that page contains a lot about why
IE doesn't do what you want. I suggest that you reread that first.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...748e29b501e0ba

Steve

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

Steve Pugh wrote:
> "Paul F. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>

>>Anyone got any ideas on why it should fail? I'm assuming it's down to IE
>>and style sheets not exactly seeing eye to eye again...

> My response to your last post about that page contains a lot about why
> IE doesn't do what you want. I suggest that you reread that first.

That's great thanks - I hadn't seen the reply as for some reason
Thunderbird didn't show anything!

TTFN

Paul