Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > problem with dreamweaver

problem with dreamweaver

Jason

Hello all,

I have a website that is built in dreamweaver and I recently used Netscape's
composer to edit it...just add some text. Well when I uploaded this page
back to the web I noticed that the small blue text at the bottom is
gone....basically something that says

site hosting is provided by.....blah blah blah.... how when I edit the
template in dreamweaver and save it and try to update all pages i get an
error something like this:

there is an error at line 4, column 144 (absolute possition 221) of
c:\.....html) nested editable regions

any idea what this means?

Jason

well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
dreamweaver!!!

SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of dreamweaver
using a WYSIWYG interface?...as the people updating this site are not going
to be able to do it any other way

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:w4LDd.633$SS6.155@trnddc07...
> Hello all,
>
> I have a website that is built in dreamweaver and I recently used
> Netscape's composer to edit it...just add some text. Well when I uploaded
> this page back to the web I noticed that the small blue text at the bottom
> is gone....basically something that says
>
> site hosting is provided by.....blah blah blah.... how when I edit the
> template in dreamweaver and save it and try to update all pages i get an
> error something like this:
>
> there is an error at line 4, column 144 (absolute possition 221) of
> c:\.....html) nested editable regions
>
> any idea what this means?

Neal

Jason <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages
> outside of
> dreamweaver!!!
>
> SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of
> dreamweaver
> using a WYSIWYG interface?...as the people updating this site are
> not going
> to be able to do it any other way

I know this was JUST discussed in the last 2 days, though as a non-DW
user I paid no attention. Google groups search for dreamweaver
template edit should yield recent posts.

Leif K-Brooks

Jason wrote:
> well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
> dreamweaver!!!
>
> SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of dreamweaver
> using a WYSIWYG interface?

Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

Jason

"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jason wrote:
> > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
> > dreamweaver!!!
> >
> > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of

dreamweaver
> > using a WYSIWYG interface?

> Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
> though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

Right I just read it yesterday, but is there anyway at all this can be
accomplished using a WYSIWYG interface?

Steve Pugh

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jason wrote:
>> > well i just found the problem, you cant edit templated pages outside of
>> > dreamweaver!!!
>> >
>> > SO now my question is how CAN I edit templated pages outside of

>dreamweaver
>> > using a WYSIWYG interface?

>> Let me get this straight: you just made this discovery today, even
>> though you asked the same bloody question two days ago?

>Right I just read it yesterday, but is there anyway at all this can be
>accomplished using a WYSIWYG interface?

Take a look at Contribute from Macromedia. It's cheaper than DW and
aimed at editors rather than developers. Because it's from MM it's
compatible with Dreamweaver code - editors can update the editable
regions of pages but can't alter the templates, etc.

Steve