Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HELP... something in these few lines of HTML that will not validate at w3.org

HELP... something in these few lines of HTML that will not validate at w3.org

Matt James

When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....

Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
not permit this
I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

Many thanks in advance for your very kind help.

Cheers
Matt

cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >
<FORM action="http://www.domainname.co.uk/search/ksearch.cgi" method="get"
name="search">
search... </span>
<INPUT name="terms" type="text"
class="formtext" onFocus="select(this);" value="" size=12>
<INPUT type="submit" class="formtext"
value="Search">
</FORM></td>

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
> message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....
>
> Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
> not permit this
> I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

You're not looking closely enough. Where's your <tr> between this

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Matt James

Hywel.. Many thanks - it's much appreciated.
(if only I could have spotted that, it would have saved me many days of head
scratching).

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
>> message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....
>>
>> Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
>> not permit this
>> I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

> You're not looking closely enough. Where's your <tr> between this

>> cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >

> --
> Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
> I do not eat quiche.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
> >> message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....
> >>
> >> Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
> >> not permit this
> >> I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

> > You're not looking closely enough. Where's your <tr> between this

> >> cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >

> Hywel.. Many thanks - it's much appreciated.
> (if only I could have spotted that, it would have saved me many days of head
> scratching).

Wood and trees. It's easy to spot someone else's mistakes. Of course,
being perfect, I don't make any, so I don't have the same trouble as
you.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

http://wipkip.biz/rotflmbo.php

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR

hyweljenkins@hotmail.com

Duende wrote:
> While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:
>
> > Of course,
> > being perfect, I don't make any, so I don't have the same trouble

as
> > you.

> http://wipkip.biz/rotflmbo.php

You know I'm perfect. Now, tidy your room.

--
Hywel