Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE downloading, not showing. Why?

IE downloading, not showing. Why?

SamuŽl van Laere

I just went to visit this website:
http://zooplah.dyndns.org/misc/csstbl
but instead of showing me anything onscreen IE popups a download dialog.
Why is that?

Regards,
SamuŽl van Laere
the Netherlands

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

SamuŽl van Laere wrote:
> I just went to visit this website:
> http://zooplah.dyndns.org/misc/csstbl
> but instead of showing me anything onscreen IE popups a download dialog.
> Why is that?

IE doesn't know what to do with xhtml+xml.

Aside: interesting menu at that page. In Firefox, I can't seem to
select anything below "Site Statistics".

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

SamuŽl van Laere

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> IE doesn't know what to do with xhtml+xml.

I suppose its a good reason not to use XHTML+XML.
Then again its better then crashing IE

> Aside: interesting menu at that page. In Firefox, I can't seem to
> select anything below "Site Statistics".

Going to install Firefox, so I can see it for myself.

Regards,
SamuŽl

Jeffrey Silverman

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:08:36 +0000, SamuŽl van Laere wrote:

> Then again its better then crashing IE

"than"

<http://www.bluewillowpages.com/english1001/usage.html>

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

SamuŽl van Laere

"Jeffrey Silverman" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:08:36 +0000, SamuŽl van Laere wrote:
>
> > Then again its better then crashing IE

> "than"
>
> <http://www.bluewillowpages.com/english1001/usage.html>

To quote Richard, also known as dipstick:
"picky picky picky ain't we?"

Regards,
SamuŽl

Jeffrey Silverman

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:26:24 +0000, SamuŽl van Laere wrote:

> To quote Richard, also known as dipstick:
> "picky picky picky ain't we?"

Yeah. Just pushing people's buttons.
--
Jeffrey Silverman
(E-Mail Removed)

rf

"Jeffrey Silverman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:26:24 +0000, SamuŽl van Laere wrote:

> > To quote Richard, also known as dipstick:
> > "picky picky picky ain't we?"

> Yeah. Just pushing people's buttons.

Don't.

Correcting other posters typos/ gramatical errors is a sign that you
yourself do not understand the nature of usenet and is published as being a
breach of netiqutte.[1]

Some people post with very bad spelling and grammar, usualy because English
is their second, or perhaps third or fourth language.

then --> than is so trivial as to be beneath notice. In fact I didn't notice
it when I read the offending post.

[1] Of course this does not apply if you are a) trolling, b) having a go at
a confirmed troll

--
Cheers
Richard.

Jeffrey Silverman

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:18:48 +0000, rf wrote:

> Don't.

Oh yeah? Why the hell not, RF?

> Correcting other posters typos/ gramatical errors is a sign that you
> yourself do not understand the nature of usenet and is published as being a
> breach of netiqutte.[1]

Do a little research, sugar. I never hide my identity in my posts and I
post a lot. I think I have a pretty good idea of how to use USENET, RF.

> Some people post with very bad spelling and grammar, usualy because English
> is their second, or perhaps third or fourth language.

Well, that's their problem. I am very cognizant of the multinational
nature of the Internet.

> then --> than is so trivial as to be beneath notice. In fact I didn't notice
> it when I read the offending post.

No, it is not. THEN and THAN are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORDS with
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEANINGS!!!

> [1] Of course this does not apply if you are a) trolling, b) having a go at
> a confirmed troll

Well, maybe I was, a little. Hmmm... and maybe I still am....

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | (E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Karl Core

"Jeffrey Silverman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:18:48 +0000, rf wrote:
>
>> Don't.

> Oh yeah? Why the hell not, RF?

Isn't it about time that we simply stop feeding the troll?

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

Jeffrey Silverman

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:28:45 -0500, Karl Core wrote:

> Isn't it about time that we simply stop feeding the troll?

Suit yourself