Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Netscape 4.8 users must hate the web by now!

Netscape 4.8 users must hate the web by now!

Richard

http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg

I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
The photo says it all.

Al Jones

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:16:23 -0600, Richard <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
>
> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
> The photo says it all.

Well, gee, isn't that what it looks like ????

Lunchbox G4

Richard wrote:
> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
>
> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
> The photo says it all.

Haha. I'm surprised it ran on a modern computer, let alone viewed a
website. Good one.

//LBG4

Richard

Lunchbox G4 wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
>>
>> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
>> The photo says it all.
>>

> Haha. I'm surprised it ran on a modern computer, let alone viewed a
> website. Good one.

NS 4.0 and earlier were designed to run on windows 3.1. Hardly suitable for
use in ME.
I tried installing IE 1.0 and got instant error messages and could not open.
It would appear then, that if one wants to surf in modern technology, one
must have the appropriate modern tools.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
>
> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
> The photo says it all.

Looks the same in firefox

--
D?
If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

Blinky the Shark

Duende wrote:

> While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

>> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg

>> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
>> The photo says it all.

> Looks the same in firefox

Here...

FF 1.0: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/bull.jpg

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Blinky the Shark scribbled in the mud:

> Duende wrote:
>
>> While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

>>> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg

>>> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
>>> The photo says it all.

>> Looks the same in firefox

> Here...
>
> FF 1.0: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/bull.jpg

Now why did you show him that. you're messing up my fun.

--

Duende wrote:
> While sitting in a puddle Blinky the Shark scribbled in the mud:

>> Duende wrote:

>>> While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

>>> Looks the same in firefox

>> Here...

>> FF 1.0: http://blinkynet.net/stuff/bull.jpg

> Now why did you show him that. you're messing up my fun.

Didn't see the header X-Keyword: shhhh!

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard <Anonymous@127.001>
writes
>http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
>
>I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
>The photo says it all.

Why not simply hide your main CSS from old Netscapes, but also provide a
stylesheet that old Netscapes *can* use to provide a basic -- but
acceptable -- page?

Providing the page is marked-up properly it should still be usable.

regards.

--
Jake

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
> Lunchbox G4 wrote:
>
> > Richard wrote:
> >> http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/netscape48.jpg
> >>
> >> I installed NS4.8 just to see how it would hande my site.
> >> The photo says it all.
> >>

> > Haha. I'm surprised it ran on a modern computer, let alone viewed a
> > website. Good one.

> NS 4.0 and earlier were designed to run on windows 3.1. Hardly suitable for
> use in ME.

NN4 had 16 and 32-bit versions, so one of them was perfectly suitable
for ME. Even NN1 had a specific 32-bit version. ME, on the other hand,
is the worst operating system ever released. MS pedalled it as an
upgrade and some suckers fell for it.

> I tried installing IE 1.0 and got instant error messages and could not open.
> It would appear then, that if one wants to surf in modern technology, one
> must have the appropriate modern tools.

Well, duh. How long has it been known that you can run one version of
IE at a time, and later versions are tightly integrated in to the OS?

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.