Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS & Display Problems

CSS & Display Problems

Lunchbox G4

I have a little page I'm working on, and I'm running in to a huge CSS
problem. Basic story is I have a Navigation DIV with several littler
DIVs inside (trying to avoid tables), and when the content of the page
is less than the length of the boxes, it runs off into noman'sland. This
only occurs if I have a paragraph that is shorter than the size of the
divs, and I don't know what to change to make it work. Suggesstions?
Appreciated.

//LBG4 -- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

rf

"Lunchbox G4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Suggesstions?

Post a URL.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Lunchbox G4

http://dev1.headworksweb.com/Templates/ARK.html

rf

Lunchbox G4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> rf wrote:

> > Post a URL.
> >

> http://dev1.headworksweb.com/Templates/ARK.html

There is no navigation of any sort on that page.

Post a link to the page *with the problem*.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Lunchbox G4

rf wrote:
> Lunchbox G4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>>rf wrote:

>>>Post a URL.
>>>

>>http://dev1.headworksweb.com/Templates/ARK.html

> There is no navigation of any sort on that page.
>
> Post a link to the page *with the problem*.

The navigation is fake. There are two boxes on the side which protrude
beyond the bottom of the box. Please check again - I uploaded changes
after I posted, having forgot to do so. Appreciate the help.

//LBG4

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Lunchbox G4 scribbled in the mud:

> rf wrote:
>> Lunchbox G4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>>http://dev1.headworksweb.com/Templates/ARK.html

>> There is no navigation of any sort on that page.
>>
>> Post a link to the page *with the problem*.
>>

> The navigation is fake. There are two boxes on the side which protrude
> beyond the bottom of the box. Please check again - I uploaded changes
> after I posted, having forgot to do so. Appreciate the help.
>
> //LBG4

In your css add
clear: left;

--
D?
If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

Lunchbox G4

Lunchbox G4 wrote:
> rf wrote:
>
>> Lunchbox G4" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>>> http://dev1.headworksweb.com/Templates/ARK.html

>> There is no navigation of any sort on that page.
>>
>> Post a link to the page *with the problem*.
>>

> The navigation is fake. There are two boxes on the side which protrude
> beyond the bottom of the box. Please check again - I uploaded changes
> after I posted, having forgot to do so. Appreciate the help.
>
> //LBG4

I found an answer in a website on the Net. Basically, I needed a <div
style="clear:both;"></div> after the content, before the closing of the
DIV. Makes no sense, other than the similarity to <br clear="all"> from
HTML. Oh well, thanks anyway. Hope the answer helps someone out there...

//LBG4