Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > submit the form data to the popup window without a submit button

submit the form data to the popup window without a submit button

jrefactors@hotmail.com

The following will submit the form data to popup by clicking the submit
button. I want it will submit the form automatically to the popup,
there is no submit button in this page.
Basically this page should not show up. Any ideas?? thanks!!

<script type="text/javascript">
function submitmyform(f) {
f.target = 'foo';
window.open('',f.target,'menubar=no,scrollbars=no, width=800,height=800');
f.submit();
return false;
}
</script>

<form name="myform" action="popup.asp" target="_blank" method="post"
onsubmit="return submitmyform(this);">
<input type="hidden" name="item" value="item"/>
<input type="submit" value="submit to popup"/>
</form>

Noozer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> The following will submit the form data to popup by clicking the submit
> button.

No it won't... The popup will never open.

rf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> The following will submit the form data to popup

You don't want to do that either.

--
Cheers
Richard.