Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > form action

form action

Matt Summers

Hi,

I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Oli Filth

Matt Summers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
> page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
> and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
> action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
> method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt

There shouldn't be a problem with having multiple forms on the same page.

Oli

Matt Summers

Oli,

When I click send to send my email I get my login screen.

Matt

"Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wn_Ad.568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Matt Summers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a

html
> > page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email

script
> > and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having

<form
> > action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form

action="email.php"
> > method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Matt
> >

> There shouldn't be a problem with having multiple forms on the same page.
>
> Oli

Oli Filth

Matt Summers wrote:
> Oli,
>
> When I click send to send my email I get my login screen.
>
> Matt
>
> "Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Wn_Ad.568$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>There shouldn't be a problem with having multiple forms on the same page.
>>
>>Oli

Do you have a URL for your login/email page that we can take a look at?

Hywel Jenkins

In article <xm_Ad.566$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
> page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
> and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
> action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
> method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Matt Summers

www.dorianyates.net/appearances2.html

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <xm_Ad.566$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a

html
> > page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email

script
> > and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having

<form
> > action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form

action="email.php"
> > method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

> Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.
>
> --
> Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
> I do not eat quiche.

Oli Filth

Matt Summers wrote:
> www.dorianyates.net/appearances2.html
>

> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
>
>>In article <xm_Ad.566$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
>>says...
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a

> html
>
>>>page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email

> script
>
>>>and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having

> <form
>
>>>action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form

> action="email.php"
>
>>>method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

>>Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.
>>
>>--
>>Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
>>I do not eat quiche.

The two forms must be separate; the way you have it, one form is
contained within the other, which doesn't make sense in HTML.

You need something like:

<FORM action="login.php" method="POST">
.... blah blah blah (controls for login form) ...
</FORM>

.... other stuff ...

<FORM action="email.php" method="POST">
.... blah blah blah (controls for email form) ...
</FORM>

Oli

Hywel Jenkins

In article <qQ_Ad.721$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> > In article <xm_Ad.566$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a

> html
> > > page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email

> script
> > > and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having

> <form
> > > action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form

> action="email.php"
> > > method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

> > Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.

> www.dorianyates.net/appearances2.html

Your code is screwed. You cannot do this anywhere in a document, let
alone in the <head>.

<form action="/dyforum/login.php" method="post" target="_top">
<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="/mailform5.php">

You need to modify either of those scripts so that they either do both
tasks, or modify login.php so that it POSTs data to mailform5.php if
log-in is successful.

http://tinyurl.com/59k6p is your friend.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/