Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can a checkbox be READONLY?

Can a checkbox be READONLY?

Todd Cary

Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

Todd

Karl Core

"Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
> include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
>
> Todd

If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

steven

"Karl Core" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cr1a02$jng$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
> > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
> >
> > Todd

> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

To show a state?

Neal

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:59:30 GMT, steven <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Karl Core" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cr1a02$jng$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
>> > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
>> >
>> > Todd

>> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
>>

> To show a state?

Find an alternate means to show it. Checkboxes are intended for
interactivity.

Kim André Akerĝ

"Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
> include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

Of course. The readonly attribute only applies to text boxes (type="text").
I think you should rather use the attribute disabled="disabled".

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Todd Cary

Karl Core wrote:
> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
>>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
>>
>>Todd

> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display
have the checkbox look.

Any suggestions?

Todd

Todd Cary

Kim André Akerĝ wrote:
> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
>>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

> Of course. The readonly attribute only applies to text boxes (type="text").
> I think you should rather use the attribute disabled="disabled".
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp

Disabled works. Hope our US Courts will be happy with this......

Todd

Neal

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:22:00 GMT, Todd Cary <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
> page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
> submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
> The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display
> have the checkbox look.
>
> Any suggestions?

Image.

Karl Core

"Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s40Bd.15532$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Karl Core wrote:
>> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
>>>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
>>>
>>>Todd

>> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
>>

> The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
> page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
> submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
> The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display have
> the checkbox look.

What specific site are you working on?

--

Karl Core wrote:
> "Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:s40Bd.15532$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Karl Core wrote:
>>
>>>"Todd Cary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:znVAd.15444$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>>If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
>>>

>>The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
>>page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
>>submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
>>The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display have
>>the checkbox look.
>>

> What specific site are you working on?

My client handles about 60-70% of the major class action lawsuits so I
have a variety of cases being their only software engineer. The current
one is against Sony.

http://www.gilardi.com

Todd