Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: finding help

OT: finding help

Jeff Thies

The little web design company I work with is getting pretty busy and
we could use some basic help.

We've been posting on various job sites and have no shortage of

I get sent resumes and samples from time to time and it's the samples
that cause trouble. People with "expert" and "advanced" skills are
writing html with font tags, mixed case html tags, primitive stylesheets
and other assorted junk html. Now, I'm not looking for great work, but
I'd like to see something that is maintainable and reasonably clean!

So, how do you find basic help? This is not rocket science!

Jeff

Spartanicus

Jeff Thies <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The little web design company I work with is getting pretty busy and
>we could use some basic help.
>
>We've been posting on various job sites and have no shortage of
>
>I get sent resumes and samples from time to time and it's the samples
>that cause trouble. People with "expert" and "advanced" skills are
>writing html with font tags, mixed case html tags, primitive stylesheets
>and other assorted junk html. Now, I'm not looking for great work, but
>I'd like to see something that is maintainable and reasonably clean!
>
>So, how do you find basic help? This is not rocket science!

What did you expect? I'd expect the vast majority of professionals to be
fairly clueless, a cursory glance at professionally designed web sites
confirms that.

If you don't want that then you will have to list what you do want on
job sites and on your company's "Jobs" page.

--
Spartanicus

C.W.

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:56:42 GMT, Jeff Thies
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The little web design company I work with is getting pretty busy and
>we could use some basic help.

[snip]
>So, how do you find basic help? This is not rocket science!

I don't always cruise job sites since I don't own a copy of
DreamWeaver or know how to make Flash files [usually knocks me out of
any consideration thoughts on lacking those two 'skills'].

Carol