Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Image Map: Acceptable alternative to frames?

Image Map: Acceptable alternative to frames?

(Pete Cresswell)

I'm reading about Image Maps and it looks to me like this might be a means to
create/present a heirarchical list of menu choices that can be made common to
many pages without creating a lot of maintainence when the map changes.

True?

If so, are there there any utilities out there that would let me open up a .GIF
or .JPG and just click/select with circular or rectangular marquees to capture
the coordinates/type in some text/create an <AREA> statement? For this, I'm
not thinking so much of a site map - which would be pretty easy in
PhotoShop...but of another application; namely a large photo of a reunion where
I could map out 100-150 people by face.
--
PeteCresswell

Hywel Jenkins

> I'm reading about Image Maps and it looks to me like this might be a means to
> create/present a heirarchical list of menu choices that can be made common to
> many pages without creating a lot of maintainence when the map changes.
>
> True?

Probably not. The code for the image map will need to be included in
every page that the menu appears on.

> If so, are there there any utilities out there that would let me open up a .GIF
> or .JPG and just click/select with circular or rectangular marquees to capture
> the coordinates/type in some text/create an <AREA> statement?

Yes - loads. Try http://www.coffeecup.com/ for starters.

Seems to me you're after two solutions to two entirely different
problems.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

(Pete Cresswell)

RE/

>Seems to me you're after two solutions to two entirely different
>problems.

Correct.
--
PeteCresswell

Hywel Jenkins

> RE/
> >
> >Seems to me you're after two solutions to two entirely different
> >problems.

> Correct.

Then state those two problems clearly.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

#1 I'm old
#2 I'm broke

--
D?
If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <Xns95C89B9C8E74usenetwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4>,
> While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:
>

> > Then state those two problems clearly.

> #1 I'm old

Get yourself one of these:
http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

> #2 I'm broke

Pick another:
http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Neal

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:36:27 -0000, Hywel Jenkins
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

Just warning anyone at work - save this link for home if your boss might
not want a boob in the computer. (He already has on AT the computer...)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:36:27 -0000, Hywel Jenkins
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

> Just warning anyone at work - save this link for home if your boss might
> not want a boob in the computer. (He already has on AT the computer...)

Just warning anyone at home - save this link for at home or your wife will
have a headache tonight.

--
D?
If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

> In article <Xns95C89B9C8E74usenetwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:
>>

>> > Then state those two problems clearly.

>> #1 I'm old

> Get yourself one of these:
> http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

They could do me in.

>> #2 I'm broke

> Pick another:
> http://usenet.kibo.org.uk/Santa.jpg

They always want money.

--
D?
If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

Acceptable Load on WAN Link ciscoham Cisco 3 10-20-2005 04:28 PM
MCAD/MCSD certificate testing: whats an acceptable exam score rate .Net Sports ASP .Net 2 05-03-2005 05:31 PM
acceptable way to program steve Java 34 02-20-2005 06:37 PM
Is this trick with reset acceptable? valentin tihomirov VHDL 6 04-14-2004 05:52 PM

Advertisments