Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Geocities opinions

Geocities opinions

Keith

Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
web host for a personal web site based in the US

Thanks

Els

Keith wrote:

> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm
> looking for a web host for a personal web site based in the
> US

As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on them.
If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go for the free
version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Keith

Thanks, I'm willing to pay not to get the ads.

Keith wrote:

>>> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting.
>>> I'm looking for a web host for a personal web site based
>>> in the US

>> As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on
>> them. If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go
>> for the free version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

> Thanks, I'm willing to pay not to get the ads.

If you really want to pay, get the not-free version

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Nick Theodorakis

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:24:34 -0500, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thanks, I'm willing to pay not to get the ads.

I use Affordable Host for the 2 sites I run as a hobby:

<http://www.affordablehost.com/>

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
contact form:

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

"Nick Theodorakis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:24:34 -0500, "Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks, I'm willing to pay not to get the ads.

> I use Affordable Host for the 2 sites I run as a hobby:
>
> <http://www.affordablehost.com/>

Thanks Nick. Also, new orders can feel free to use the 20% newsgroup
discount code below.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
++ 20% Discount Coupon Code ++: newsgroup

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Keith scribbled in the mud:

> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
> web host for a personal web site based in the US
>
> Thanks

Can't beat the prices.
http://themooseisloose.net/cpanelhosting.html
http://www.hostingforabuck.com/

--
Mr. D?
Never trust a cat to do a dog's job.

Richard

Els wrote:

> Keith wrote:

>> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm
>> looking for a web host for a personal web site based in the
>> US

> As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on them.
> If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go for the free
> version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

They do host sites as any other hosts do.
But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better elsewhere.

Lloyd

"Keith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:l0Xxd.17551$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting. I'm looking for a
> web host for a personal web site based in the US
>
> Thanks

dot5hosting is $5/mo, has all the bells and whistles, huge storage, cannot
beat it.
Lloyd

Els

Richard wrote:

> Els wrote:
>
>> Keith wrote:

>>> Can anyone give me an opinion on Geocities web hosting.
>>> I'm looking for a web host for a personal web site based
>>> in the US

>> As far as I know Geocities make your site have ugly ads on
>> them. If you don't need PHP and other special stuff, go
>> for the free version on affordablehost.com. No ads.

> They do host sites as any other hosts do.
> But for $8.95/month and only 25mb, one can do much better
> elsewhere.

That's /not/ affordablehost you're talking about.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Geocities Paul Computer Support 5 07-11-2004 07:12 PM
uk. geocities / geocities sites Trevor Midgley Computer Support 6 02-03-2004 08:24 PM
Geocities Question Tim Weaver Computer Support 10 12-06-2003 10:52 AM
Geocities FTP slumpy Computer Support 0 08-26-2003 05:06 PM
Cannot Close Geocities Web Site Rob Computer Support 7 08-07-2003 05:34 AM

Advertisments