Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Work Examples - Just for Travis Newbury

Work Examples - Just for Travis Newbury

Karl Core

Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.

*Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel free to
judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but comments like
"That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.

Personal Sites -
My own site - http://karlcore.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
My band - http://www.eightninethree.com/ , XHTML, CSS, uses a CMS I designed
for bands
Baltimore Punk & Hardcore - http://www.baltimorepunk.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
Punk Rock Worldwide - http://www.punkrockshows.com/ HTML, hybrid tables/
CSS, PHP
Usability Info - http://www.usabilityinfo.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP

Works-for-hire
http://www.silverpoint.net/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
at all.
http://visi.org/gvpa/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
http://www.nasafcu.com/ambassador/ - I do not maintain this site
http://www.precisionchassis.com/

Any other sites, I am contracturally prevented from being able to list here.
However, check back in a few weeks and I'll show you a real doozy. Proof
that accessible, cross-browser, attractive, CSS layouts are not a myth.

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

orljustin@aol.com

Karl Core wrote:
> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
>
> *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

free to
> judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

comments like
> "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.
>
> Personal Sites -
> My own site - http://karlcore.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP
> My band - http://www.eightninethree.com/ , XHTML, CSS, uses a CMS I

designed
> for bands
> Baltimore Punk & Hardcore - http://www.baltimorepunk.com/, XHTML,

CSS, PHP
> Punk Rock Worldwide - http://www.punkrockshows.com/ HTML, hybrid

tables/
> CSS, PHP
> Usability Info - http://www.usabilityinfo.com/, XHTML, CSS, PHP

Hi,

Your sites are all variations on the same thing. Menu on the left, a
header and some text. All pretty boring. Not what the OP is going to
impress the client with, accessible or not. That's the point of his
post.

> Works-for-hire
> http://www.silverpoint.net/ - Production only. I do not maintain this

site
> at all.
> http://visi.org/gvpa/ - Production only. I do not maintain this site
> http://www.nasafcu.com/ambassador/ - I do not maintain this site
> http://www.precisionchassis.com/

A little better.

oj

> Any other sites, I am contracturally prevented from being able to

list here.
> However, check back in a few weeks and I'll show you a real doozy.

Proof
> that accessible, cross-browser, attractive, CSS layouts are not a

myth.

> --
> -Karl Core
> Please Support "Project Boneyard":
> http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?...&item=boneyard

Travis Newbury

Karl Core wrote:
> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
>
> *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

free to
> judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

comments like
> "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.....

Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

--
-=Tn=-

Karl Core

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> Karl Core wrote:
>> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.
>>
>> *Disclaimer* - I am not a graphic artist, nor do I claim to be. Feel

> free to
>> judge the look & feel of the examples below all you want, but

> comments like
>> "That's ugly" will fall on deaf ears.....

> Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":
http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?...&item=boneyard

Kris

In article <cq7192$48l$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Karl Core" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Karl Core wrote:
> >> Rather than highjack the other thread, I've started a new one.

> > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

> Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

Well ok, for the sake of good company.
http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

--
Kris
<(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)

Karl Core

"Kris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> In article <cq7192$48l$(E-Mail Removed)>,

>> > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

>> Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

> Well ok, for the sake of good company.
> http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
> It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

I've always admired the work of Cinnamon Interactive. Very good stuff indeed

--

Kris wrote:
> > > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

> > Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

> Well ok, for the sake of good company.
> http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
> It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

Some of these examples would fall into what I would call the classic
all CSS "blocky" look. (catagorizing nor criticizing) Others look
nice. (I would check your spelling, I can not read a single word on
any of the sites)

Thanks Kris.

--
-=Tn=-

Kris

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I would check your spelling, I can not read a single word on
> any of the sites

Because it's dutch.

--
Kris
<(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)

Travis Newbury

Kris wrote:
> > > Thanks Karl! Best examples yet!

> > Thanks. Maybe some others can do the same.

> Well ok, for the sake of good company.
> http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/
> It's all teamwork, because that's what we do.

Some of these examples would fall into what I would call the classic
all CSS "blocky" look. (catagorizing nor criticizing) Others look
nice. (I would check your spelling, I can not read a single word on
any of the sites)

Thanks Kris.

--
-=Tn=-

Toby Inkster

Karl Core wrote:

> http://www.eightninethree.com/

The font in the navigation buttons is not very clear. They could probably
benefit from a title attribute so that many browsers will display a
tooltip.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS