Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > UTF file does not recognise stylesheet in firefox / netscape

UTF file does not recognise stylesheet in firefox / netscape

WindAndWaves

Hi Folks

I have a rather strange situation where I save a file with UTF format with
as a consequence that firefox and netscape (latest versions) do not
recognise / can not find the stylesheet.

I can fix it by resaving it as a UTF-8 file without signature (65001) and
using windows linebreaks (CR LZ).

Any ideas what is happening here?

TIA

- Nicolaas

WindAndWaves

"WindAndWaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JGRvd.27862$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Folks
>
> I have a rather strange situation where I save a file with UTF format with
> as a consequence that firefox and netscape (latest versions) do not
> recognise / can not find the stylesheet.
>
> I can fix it by resaving it as a UTF-8 file without signature (65001) and
> using windows linebreaks (CR LZ).
>
> Any ideas what is happening here?
>
> TIA
>
> - Nicolaas

To see an example of the UTF version, try
www.corstorphinehouse.com/index_zh.html

for the same version with ASCII, leave out index_zh.html

Dont forget to look at the difference between FireFox and IE (it must be a
first that IE seems to do a better job).