Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > non-hyperlink clickable text?

non-hyperlink clickable text?

Richard

Is it possible to create clickable text that does not redirect the browser
to another URL? I'm trying to use the <A> tag strictly for triggering a
javascript function but this seems impossible because it will not create
hypertext unless there is a URL specified.. and that just screws things up.
Is the a way around this? I'm writing in ASP.NET if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Richard

Noozer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to create clickable text that does not redirect the browser
> to another URL? I'm trying to use the <A> tag strictly for triggering a
> javascript function but this seems impossible because it will not create
> hypertext unless there is a URL specified.. and that just screws things

up.
> Is the a way around this? I'm writing in ASP.NET if that makes a

difference.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

....or something very close to that.

Psych971

cool thanks!

"Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is it possible to create clickable text that does not redirect the
>> browser
>> to another URL? I'm trying to use the <A> tag strictly for triggering a
>> javascript function but this seems impossible because it will not create
>> hypertext unless there is a URL specified.. and that just screws things

> up.
>> Is the a way around this? I'm writing in ASP.NET if that makes a

> difference.
>> Thanks in advance for your help.

> ...or something very close to that.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Noozer <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

But be aware that anyone with Javascript disabled/unavailable will
probably just get taken to the top of the page. Better to write the
above on the page with Javascript in the first place, so that those
without Javascript don't even see the link.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Fixed & Tiny clickable images Newbie4Ever Firefox 2 09-26-2005 09:42 AM
any clickable control Corno ASP .Net 1 09-06-2004 06:09 PM
clickable validator z. f. ASP .Net 1 07-14-2004 02:03 PM
DataGrid Clickable Columes Amir ASP .Net 3 01-19-2004 04:59 PM
Clickable bar graphs Andrew de la Harpe ASP .Net 3 11-03-2003 01:34 PM

Advertisments