Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > arrow color in the '<select>' tag

Reply
Thread Tools

arrow color in the '<select>' tag

 
 
Fadesimo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Hi everyone,
is it possible to change the color of the the arrow and the button in the
'<select>' tag??
Thanks


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jukka K. Korpela
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
"Fadesimo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi everyone,


You multiposted, and the issue is a CSS matter, not HTML. Bye.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Dorward
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Fadesimo wrote:

> is it possible to change the color of the the arrow and the button in the
> '<select>' tag??


Browsers might choose to make use of the background-color property (although
I'm not aware of any that do).

As there is nothing in the HTML or CSS specification that states how a
select element should be rendered, then there is nothing which could
influence the way it is rendered. That's the trouble with replaced elements
(and a good reason to leave the rendering of form controls alone - you
can't achieve consistant results, and if you could then the results
wouldn't be consistant with all the usual UI controls on the users system)

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
 
Reply With Quote
 
SpaceGirl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> "Fadesimo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>Hi everyone,

>
>
> You multiposted, and the issue is a CSS matter, not HTML. Bye.
>


CSS is a method of formatting content and elements of HTML pages...
relevance, perhaps?

--


x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
 
Reply With Quote
 
SpaceGirl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2004
Fadesimo wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> is it possible to change the color of the the arrow and the button in the
> '<select>' tag??
> Thanks
>
>


Only IE really supports this, and then only IE 5.5 and 6. Really to be
avoided unless you're totally forced to do it...

Google for "css format forms" and you'll find plenty of examples.

--


x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark Parnell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2004
Previously in alt.html, Fadesimo <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> is it possible to change the color of the the arrow and the button in the
> '<select>' tag??


Maybe by changing the display properties on your computer.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
 
Reply With Quote
 
Leif K-Brooks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2004
SpaceGirl wrote:
> Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
>> [...] the issue is a CSS matter, not HTML. Bye.

>
> CSS is a method of formatting content and elements of HTML pages...
> relevance, perhaps?


Air is what goes through fans, but that doesn't make a discussion of air
purity relevant to a newsgroup about fans.
 
Reply With Quote
 
SpaceGirl
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2004
Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> SpaceGirl wrote:
>
>> Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
>>
>>> [...] the issue is a CSS matter, not HTML. Bye.

>>
>>
>> CSS is a method of formatting content and elements of HTML pages...
>> relevance, perhaps?

>
>
> Air is what goes through fans, but that doesn't make a discussion of air
> purity relevant to a newsgroup about fans.


Air isn't a required element of a fan. CSS is to HTML (if done
properly). Otherwise, this place wouldn't exist, right? HTML only, you
must NOT MENTION any browser. HTML only, you must NOT MENTION the
Internet...



--


x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing font color from current font color to black color Kamaljeet Saini Ruby 0 02-13-2009 04:58 PM
using css to change <select> button face and arrow color acorn HTML 4 02-24-2006 06:19 PM
how do u invoke Tag b's Tag Handler from within Tag a's tag Handler? shruds Java 1 01-27-2006 03:00 AM
How to change color of arrow in drop down list kurt sune ASP .Net 1 07-29-2005 12:08 PM
How do I set the color of the arrow button in a select control Ron Brennan HTML 10 07-18-2003 03:06 PM



Advertisments