Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > code to check browser verison and alter url accordingly

code to check browser verison and alter url accordingly

paul

Toby Inkster wrote:

> paul wrote:
>

>>That's what my php instructor said (an old hippy at a big city community
>>college).

> Then he is silly. If Google do use PHP it would only be for peripheral
> things. To implement the main Google search functionality in PHP would be
> entirely too inefficient.
>

>>Surely they have a very powerful database server connected to whatever
>>they are using.

> No. They have a pool of tens-of-thousands of low-powered run-of-the-mill
> Intel boxes.

Well then it would be the perfect tool! <grin>
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22google+uses+php%22&btnG=Google+S earch>
I think all that shows is they use php for (some) of their stuff. I
wouldn't be suprised to see some exaggeration. Supposedly yahoo uses it
& has hired the guy who invented it...