Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Looking for program,,,,ascii art type

Looking for program,,,,ascii art type

Richard

A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to html
output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the original.
The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

lime

"Richard" wrote in message ...
>A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to html
> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the
> original.
> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

There was a *great* one but unfortunately the website no longer exists (it
existed about 6 months ago, last time I looked was about 3 months ago and I
deleted the shortcut) Hopefully someone comes up with some suggestions....

--
Helen, lime, et al.

Geoff Tucker

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

html
> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

original.
> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage

CPA

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

> html
> > output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

> original.
> > The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
> > I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
> > All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
> > If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
> >

> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage

Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

Charles.Angelich

tech:
http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/
arts:
http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/faf/
music
http://www.devedia.com/dosghost/dos/samples.asp

Richard

Geoff Tucker wrote:

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

> html
>> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

> original.
>> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
>> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
>> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
>> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
>>

> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage

Thanks. That was it. I instantly recognized the image of "arnie" and knew.

Richard

Richard wrote:

> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to
> html output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the
> original. The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.

http://geocities.com/r_bullis/ascii/sg1-001.htm

Sample of the output artwork.

Richard

CPA wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> A couple of years ago I had a simple program that converted images to

>> html
> >> output and the result was a colored likeness, less details of the

>> original.
> >> The format of the output was like [#xxxxx].
> >> I've been surfing for it but can't find that one.
> >> All the others I've seen so far just use regular coding for output.
> >> If anyone has the name, or probable names, I'll give it a look.
> >>

>> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage
>>

> Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

Click on "load image" on the bottom.
Then select one of the radio buttons on the top for styling.

CPA

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:48:59 -0600, "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001>
wrote:

> CPA wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:59:03 -0000, "Geoff Tucker"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> html
> >> original.
> > >>

> >> http://www.sulaco.co.za/downloads.htm#HTMLImage
> >>

> > Tried the image conversion - doesn't work here?

> Click on "load image" on the bottom.
> Then select one of the radio buttons on the top for styling.

OK, got it now. For some reason the application opened with a reduced
height that did not show the "load image" etc. at the bottom. When
you mentioned "bottom" it tipped me off to stretch out the image
height onscreen and there were the missing functions.

It works but not well on any graphics I have onhand right now. Seems
to do best on flesh tones or something?