Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Title bar question

Title bar question

George W

Newbie question here ...

I'm putting together my first Website with frames using FrontPage. No
matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the title
bar display the title of the current main page? The site is

www.stargazerrestaurant.com

Thanks
George

lime

"George W" wrote in message ...
> Newbie question here ...
>
> I'm putting together my first Website with frames using FrontPage. No
> matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the
> title
> bar display the title of the current main page?

By not using frames.

--
Helen, lime, et al.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, George W <look@signature_to.reply> said:

> Newbie question here ...

Ooh, mum a newbie! Can I keep him?

> I'm putting together my first Website with frames

Eek!

> using FrontPage.

Nooooo!

> No
> matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> displays the title that belongs to file index.htm.

Welcome to the <sarcasm>wonderful</sarcasm> world of frames.

> How do I make the title
> bar display the title of the current main page?

Get rid of the frames.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php

You mean http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ ?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

rf

George W

> Newbie question here ...
>
> I'm putting together my first Website with frames

Do not use frames.
<history>
Frames were invented by netscape sometime last century. They immediately
re-wrote their site using frames.

Six months later they re-wrote their site again, *without* using frames.
They have never used frames since, because of all the problems associated
with them.
</history>

> using FrontPage.

Now that is even worse.

> No
> matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the

title
> bar display the title of the current main page? The site is

Abandon the frames.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Richard

George W wrote:

> Newbie question here ...

> I'm putting together my first Website with frames using FrontPage. No
> matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the
> title bar display the title of the current main page? The site is

> www.stargazerrestaurant.com

> Thanks

In case you haven't figured it out yet:
Front Page sucks!
Front page with frames sucks even worse!

Learn CSS. It's easy, painless and functional.

George W

Looks like I did a lot of work for nuthin' ..... )

"George W" <look@signature_to.reply> wrote in message
news:ywaud.31394$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Newbie question here ...
>
> I'm putting together my first Website with frames using FrontPage. No
> matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the

title
> bar display the title of the current main page? The site is
>
> www.stargazerrestaurant.com
>
> Thanks
> George

DaKitty

"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) m.au...
> Previously in alt.html, George W <look@signature_to.reply> said:
>
> > Newbie question here ...

> Ooh, mum a newbie! Can I keep him?

*giggle*
I thought you were going to adopt me!
*whimper*

> > I'm putting together my first Website with frames

> Eek!
>
> > using FrontPage.

> Nooooo!
>
> > No
> > matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> > displays the title that belongs to file index.htm.

> Welcome to the <sarcasm>wonderful</sarcasm> world of frames.
>
> > How do I make the title
> > bar display the title of the current main page?

> Get rid of the frames.

I thought you were going to tell him get rid of Front Page.

I'd tell him to get a graphics designer too.
(I'm better at that than coding)

DaKitty

Learning experience!

"George W" <look@signature_to.reply> wrote in message
news:HLbud.31418$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Looks like I did a lot of work for nuthin' ..... )
>

> "George W" <look@signature_to.reply> wrote in message
> news:ywaud.31394$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > Newbie question here ...
> >
> > I'm putting together my first Website with frames using FrontPage. No
> > matter which page I navigate to on the Website, the title bar always
> > displays the title that belongs to file index.htm. How do I make the

> title
> > bar display the title of the current main page? The site is
> >
> > www.stargazerrestaurant.com
> >
> > Thanks
> > George

Richard

George W wrote:

> Looks like I did a lot of work for nuthin' ..... )

As Thomas Edison once said, "No I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways
that did not work.".

tm

Thought the subject line said tittie bar... never mind.