Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "soup-to-nuts" IT solution

"soup-to-nuts" IT solution

Developwebsites

http://www.highcaliber.com/

look at the source code.
no so high caliber are they?

"Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

nuts is what they sure are.

Kim André Akerĝ

"Developwebsites" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.highcaliber.com/
>
> look at the source code.
> no so high caliber are they?
>
> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher

into a
> soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
>
> nuts is what they sure are.

Indeedy. Just by looking at the first page of code (first 40 lines or so), I
can tell that it won't get as much as a millimeter past W3C's validator. And
that's a lot of unnecessary JavaScript segments, such as the "Surf to
listbox" navigation (which won't work at all unless you're using a
JavaScript-enabled browser) and the date display up in the top left corner
(below the "home", "about" and "services" images). I can see the "need" for
the onmouseover-image-switcher thingy, although they could easily have done
without it.

Regarding the date display; if my own system date is wrong, then their page
will show the wrong date as well. This is where you either skip displaying
the date altogether or use server-side scripting.

Like someone said in a previous thread you started, it's apparently not
about the website, but the sales pitch. Personally, I would've considered
other companies after seeing a website such as this one.

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed)ATSPAM says...
> http://www.highcaliber.com/
>
> look at the source code.
> no so high caliber are they?
>
> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
> soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
>
> nuts is what they sure are.

Let's see some of your sites, then.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed)ATSPAM says...
>> http://www.highcaliber.com/
>>
>> look at the source code.
>> no so high caliber are they?
>>
>> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher
>> into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."
>>
>> nuts is what they sure are.

> Let's see some of your sites, then.

More fun to see his nuts.

--
Turtles have such tiny ears!

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites <(E-Mail Removed)>
said:

> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software publisher into a
> soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns soup
into nuts? Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Mark Parnell wrote:

> Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software
>> publisher into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

> What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns
> soup into nuts?

American expression meaning "from A to Z." Not suitable for the WORLD
Wide Web, though.

> Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

Much of the time. They can't hurt themselves. <g>

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
>What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns soup
>into nuts? Or do they feed soup to crazy people?

I think it's a reference to something that spans a wide range...as in a
long/large dinner/banquet that includes soup, various courses, and even nuts as
a dessert/snack...
--
PeteCresswell

Nick Theodorakis

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:05:21 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mark Parnell wrote:
>
>> Previously in alt.html, Developwebsites
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> "Over the past 20 years, High Caliber evolved from a software
>>> publisher into a soup-to-nuts PC service provider."

>> What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway? Who turns
>> soup into nuts?

>American expression meaning "from A to Z." Not suitable for the WORLD
>Wide Web, though.

And in fact pretty dated even as an Americanism. I don't think I've
heard it used in an ad since the 1970's.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis
(E-Mail Removed)

Neal

Mark Parnell:

> What on earth is "soup-to-nuts" supposed to mean anyway?

Fancy dinners start with a course of soup, and end with nuts being served.

I've been to these dinners, it's not a totally used-up expression just yet.

rf

Neal wrote

> Fancy dinners start with a course of soup, and end with nuts being served.

Over here they start with a few cans of cold beer and end up with a bottle
of port or two. If it's real fancy then maybe a cointreau over crushed ice
and a tim tam.

--
Cheers
Richard.