Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > "Bookmark This Site"

"Bookmark This Site"

George W

Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
Website?

Thanks
George

Neal

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:40:30 GMT, George W <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?

Honestly? Not to.

Allow the user to bookmark it through normal means - it's among the first
things a user will learn to do. "Bookmark this site" seems a plea of
desperation. If it's worthwhile for them to do so, they will without your
asking.

Jan Faerber

George W wrote:

> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?

works mainly in IE

--
Jan

http://linux.janfaerber.com

David Dorward

George W wrote:

> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?

.... to not. Its already implemented in web browsers.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Leif K-Brooks

George W wrote:
> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?

Like this:

browser's "bookmarks" or "favorites" feature to store its URI for later
retrieval.</p>

Jeffrey Silverman

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:40:30 +0000, George W wrote:

> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?
>
> Thanks
> George

Maybe, "Bookmarks->Bookmark This Page" or "Favorites->Add to Favorites".

Why on earth do you need to reproduce behavior that works perfectly well
within the browser? I realize that people are mostly not very bright when
it comes to using computers but maybe just a message to the effect, "If
you are too dumb to know how to bookmark this site then here's how: blah
blah"

I mean, using JavaScript or something to reinvent the wheel just seems
silly.

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Neal

Robin:

> first of all that isn't html,

Generally anything related to the webpage is considered on-topic here.
You'll see CSS, Javascript, PHP questions from time to time.

Robin

"George W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yI1td.55286$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Newbie question. What's the best way to implement this feature on a
> Website?
>
> Thanks
> George

first of all that isn't html, and second, don't do it!
-Robin