Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to creat a better banner add.

How to creat a better banner add.

Duke the Coward

I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
source code.

http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77...ity_dhtml.html

Richard

Duke the Coward wrote:

> I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
> resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
> attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
> source code.

> http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77...ity_dhtml.html

Extremely annoying for sure.
Just your basic Marquee thing.
Great for some text, but graphics? Yuck!

Dylan Parry

Duke the Coward wrote:
> I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
> resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
> attention and is banner add compatible.

You forgot to mention that it is a truly awful technique and should
never be unleashed on the poor unsuspecting public. It took up so much
CPU power on this poor little laptop that it was a job just to close the
browser window! Did I say it's truly awful? I did? well anyway, it *is*
truly awful.

--
Dylan Parry

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
> resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
> attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
> source code.

I take it you're trolling?

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Jeffrey Silverman

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:59:39 -0800, Duke the Coward wrote:

> I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
> resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
> attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
> source code.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77...ity_dhtml.html

This sucks and your webmaster license should be revoked.

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | (E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Leif K-Brooks

Duke the Coward wrote:
> I have written a web page that scrolls across the whole screen,
> resets, and then scrolls again. It defenitely gets the user's
> attention and is banner add compatible. I don't mind you using the
> source code.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77...ity_dhtml.html

If creating awful things was a crime, you would be in prison for the
next ∞ years.

Neal

Duke the Coward:

> http://www.geocities.com/overlord_77...ity_dhtml.html

Ow ow ow ow ow.

Not sure about other browsers, but on Opera it just keeps going. I wonder
if you had a div at 100%, would the text stretch out to match? Then again,
don't tell me...

cannot creat web application sssnbj ASP .Net 1 04-22-2006 04:49 PM
How to creat online packing slip. Redzed HTML 0 02-15-2005 06:16 PM
Can creat asp.net apps John ASP .Net 4 11-07-2003 07:56 PM
Can anyone help this problem? Cannot creat asp.net project. CM ASP .Net 3 09-30-2003 12:24 PM

Advertisments