Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Searching for clean web site

Searching for clean web site

Matej Barac

I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having trouble
finding anything useful.

If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

p.s.
Sorry for double posting, my date was screwed

Roy Schestowitz

Matej Barac wrote:

> I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
> perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
> anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
> complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
> trouble finding anything useful.
>
> If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
> share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
> design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
> to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
> as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

I made my personal front page fully compliant and quite simple
(http://www.schestowitz.com/) and I used WordPress to produce code that is
golden (though less simple to follow) XHTML with CSS
(http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/). Does that help?

Roy

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matej Barac
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
> share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
> design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
> to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
> as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

Are you looking for work? If so, this it the wrong group. Are you looking
for inspiration? <http://www.csszengarden.com/>. Are you looking to create
your own site? Follow your heart.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

Barbara de Zoete

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 03:56:01 +0100, Matej Barac <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I am trying to do a very clean (not necessary simple - from code
> perspective) web site. I fairly good with CSS and XHTML but I can't find
> anything to get inspiration from. It seems everyone wants to make
> complicated and media rich looking web sites. I am seriously having
> trouble
> finding anything useful.
>
> If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
> share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
> design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as
> possible
> to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even
> flash),
> as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I
> say.

Have you tried any of the sites that are in the sigs of the regulars[1]?
Go through the last weeks posts and find out. It can't be that hard to
find what you want/need.

[1] I'm not a regular.

--
Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>

Neal

Barbara de Zoete wrote:

> I'm not a regular.

Are you irregular?

Barbara de Zoete

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:10:23 -0500, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Barbara de Zoete wrote:
>
>> I'm not a regular.

> Are you irregular?

<small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

--

Barbara de Zoete wrote:
> Neal wrote:
>> Are you irregular?

> <small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

don't listen to the small voice

> I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...

Barbara de Zoete

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:27:25 -0500, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Barbara de Zoete wrote:
>> Neal wrote:
>>> Are you irregular?

>> <small voice\, stating\: don\'t fall for it\! />

> don't listen to the small voice
>
>> I might be, if I knew what that was in the context of this group

> Well, of course this was leading to a constipation joke, but it's not
> quite as funny now, so I'll retreat...

LOL

--
Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>
Zweefvliegen | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/vliegen.html>

Uncle Pirate

Matej Barac wrote:
> If anyone knows of some nice looking but simple web sites I ask them to
> share them with me. It is also worth noting that I am using CSS tableless
> design together with XHTML 1.0 strict and I am working as hard as possible
> to make the site 100% W3C compliant. Though any site will do (even flash),
> as I am only interested into the layout. I am out of ideas what can I say.

It's not XHTML but HTML 4.01 strict. And I'm still learning but try
looking at any of these:
http://abateofnm.org
http://surecann.com
http://stanmccann.us
http://motorcyclefun.org

And yes, they all need some work.

Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
'94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg

Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I made my personal front page fully compliant and quite simple
> (http://www.schestowitz.com/)

OT: I am very disappointed. I couldn't enter your
Genealogy section. Do you have secret ancestors or
what?

--
Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
http://home.no.net/ingernet/