Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Specifying background color for table caption

Specifying background color for table caption

Fernie

I've specified a caption for my table (<CAPTION><B>Edit
Product</B></CAPTION>) and I'd like to know if it is possible to set the
caption's background color. Is it possible?

Here is the link to the form:
http://66.235.178.180/

I wasn't able to find any applicable properties on my html editor.

Please advise,

Fernie

--

ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

Neal

Fernie
> caption's background color.

Use CSS.

Fernie

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Fernie
>> caption's background color.

> Use CSS.

Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long will it
take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable' skills with css?

Best Regards,

Fernie

--

ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

Toby Inkster

Fernie wrote:

> Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
> anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
> running with CSS takes a long time.

Well, here is the code for what you described. Does it look hard?

caption {
color: yellow;
background: green;
}

Put that between your <head> and </head> tags.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Fernie"
<Fernie@not_thisDocSignings.net> writing in
news:F89FD4F793B6E240Fernie@not_thisDocSignings.ne t:

> "Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Fernie
>>> caption's background color.

>> Use CSS.

> Neal, I have a horrible artistic eye therefore, I keep away from doing
> anything worth looking at. But I am curious to know if getting up and
> running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
> will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
> skills with css?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Fernie

Not long, considering the time that CSS will save you. For example:
decide you want to have a different background color, perhaps silver.

With CSS it's
body {background-color:silver;} - one time in an external style sheet for
the entire site! Jumpin' Jehosephat, no presentational markup is the way
to go!

--
Adrienne Boswell
Please respond to the Group so others can share

Jukka K. Korpela

"Fernie" <Fernie@not_thisDocSignings.net> wrote:

> But I am curious to know if getting up and
> running with CSS takes a long time. In other words, about how long
> will it take for an average person to develop fairly basic 'usable'
> skills with css?

It depends on what you aim at. Setting colors and backgrounds is usually
fairly simple. For example, put something like following into the <head>
part of your document:

caption { background: #d8d8d8; color: black; }

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/