Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > check site

check site

Barbara de Zoete

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:06:21 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> newspsh8ofqfqx5vgts@zoete_b...
>
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:16:52 -0500, Jeffrey Silverman
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip: arguments as to understanding of the English word accessibility by
OP who is Italian>

> Mine is not a spam.

Ah, no? It certainly triggered you back to life!

> If you don't accept my website no problems.

It is not about accepting. You asked for a check of an accessible version
of your site. People here, including me, see no accessible site.

> I posted my website to check, I accept all kinds of opinions.

I don't understand. What do you want checked if you regard the critique
you get as just opinions (meaning: I don't bother to do anything with what
you say, because I want to be right in the end, but thanks for saying it
anyway and bye for now?)?

> If you don't believe this, excuse me but isn't my problem.

No? But you have another problem. Fix your newsreader. You include the
sig's of posts in your reply's and you shouldn't. The sig separator is to
keep the sig out of the reply's. If you use a broken newsreader, fix it by
hand every reply you make.

--
Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>

"Barbara de Zoete" ha scritto
<snip: arguments as to understanding of the English word accessibility by
OP who is Italian>

>Ah, no? It certainly triggered you back to life!

boh.... I don't understand. I have only posted my website.

> It is not about accepting. You asked for a check of an accessible version

of your site. People here, including me, see no accessible site.

Yes and for this I accept oll critiques

> I don't understand. What do you want checked if you regard the critique

you get as just opinions (meaning: I don't bother to do anything with what
you say, because I want to be right in the end, but thanks for saying it
anyway and bye for now?)?

But you are always so nervous with all ??

> No? But you have another problem. Fix your newsreader. You include the

sig's of posts in your reply's and you shouldn't. The sig separator is to
keep the sig out of the reply's. If you use a broken newsreader, fix it by
hand every reply you make.

Sorry for this, is my first time that I write in newsgroup and I write with
Outlook Express.

David Dorward

> "Karl Core" ha scritto :
> | If you think opening new windows on each new link is "accessible", you

> but for me is important that XHTML validator do not give errors.

Not a problem, anything that causes a link to be opened in a new window can
be removed without making the page invalid.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

"David Dorward" ha scritto
>Not a problem, anything that causes a link to be opened in a new window can

be removed without making the page invalid.

Ok I delete target="_blank" in a href. )

Liz

In message <opsh8j56e7x5vgts@zoete_b>
"Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> _on your pages_
> - the concept of a splash screen at the so called front af a site sucks
> and is not user friendly at all (all I get to see[1] are two links; one
> leading to the page I was after presumably and another one for a ticker of
> some sort)

The only link I see is the small image which leads to presumably his home page.
I don't see the other one at all...

> [1] Either in Lynx or in any browser without graphics (no images and what
> ever more)

He has a list of allegedly 'accessible' sites on his (presumed) home page.
I followed one of the links and got onto a link-page 'Best of British';
followed one of the links at random and arrived at a site
www.estherfranklin.co.uk whose homepage is just a very big sliced-and-diced
graphic, with no sensible alt-text, and a link which says "Enter Site" "Get
Flash Plug-in."

Predictably, if you click "Enter Site" without Flash, you just get a big
rectangle with 'no plug-in' as the alt.

Accessible?
Not unless they've changed the meaning since I last looked.

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos

Barbara de Zoete

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:33:07 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Barbara de Zoete" ha scritto
> <snip: arguments as to understanding of the English word accessibility by
> OP who is Italian>
>
>> It is not about accepting. You asked for a check of an accessible
>> version of your site. People here, including me, see no accessible site.

> Yes and for this I accept oll critiques

Okay, that's good.

>> I don't understand. What do you want checked if you regard the critique
>> you get as just opinions (meaning: I don't bother to do anything with
>> what you say, because I want to be right in the end, but thanks for
>> saying it
>> anyway and bye for now?)?

> But you are always so nervous with all ??

Hey, hey. I can do without people projecting all sorts of states on me
unless they are educated and trained psychologists or psychiatrists and I
am their patient.

>> No? But you have another problem. Fix your newsreader. You include the
>> sig's of posts in your reply's and you shouldn't. The sig separator is
>> to keep the sig out of the reply's. If you use a broken newsreader,
>> fix it by hand every reply you make.

> Sorry for this, is my first time that I write in newsgroup and I write
> with Outlook Express.

I saw in another post that you intend to use a real newsreader. That's
good.

--
Weblog | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html>
Webontwerp | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/webontwerp.html>
Zweefvliegen | <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/vliegen.html>

Daniel Florio

"Barbara de Zoete" wrote in

> Okay, that's good.

okay

> Hey, hey. I can do without people projecting all sorts of states on me
> unless they are educated and trained psychologists or psychiatrists
> and I am their patient.

okay sorry for your pacience

> I saw in another post that you intend to use a real newsreader. That's
> good.

now I use newsreader.
Thanks to all

Barbara de Zoete

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:29:26 GMT, Liz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In message <opsh8j56e7x5vgts@zoete_b>
> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> _on your pages_
>> - the concept of a splash screen at the so called front af a site
>> sucks and is not user friendly at all (all I get to see[1] are
>> two links; one leading to the page I was after presumably and
>> another one for a ticker of some sort)
>>

> The only link I see is the small image which leads to presumably his
> home page.
> I don't see the other one at all...
>
>> [1] Either in Lynx or in any browser without graphics (no images and
>> what ever more)
>>

> He has a list of allegedly 'accessible' sites on his (presumed) home
> page.
> I followed one of the links and got onto a link-page 'Best of British';
> followed one of the links at random and arrived at a site
> www.estherfranklin.co.uk whose homepage is just a very big
> sliced-and-diced graphic, with no sensible alt-text, and a link which
> says "Enter Site" "Get Flash Plug-in."
>
> Predictably, if you click "Enter Site" without Flash, you just get a big
> rectangle with 'no plug-in' as the alt.
>
> Accessible?
> Not unless they've changed the meaning since I last looked.

I'm guessing that somehow the word 'accessibility' is a buzz word in some
area's of the web and as long as you can sell your site as accessible to
those who know no better, you're ' the boss'.
These people have no clue as to what accessibility is about and who it is
intended for. It's a shame and I don't care

> Slainte

I don't know this word. I couldn't find it in any of my dictionairies
either (All English or English->Dutch). What does it mean.

--

In message <opsh8umgrnx5vgts@zoete_b>
"Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Slainte
> >

> I don't know this word. I couldn't find it in any of my dictionairies
> either (All English or English->Dutch). What does it mean.

It's (Scots) Gaelic.
(It might also be Irish Gaelic, for all I know.)
It means Health, and is the usual abbreviation for Slainte mhath, meaning
'good health', a traditional Scottish toast, even for us 'lallans' speakers
('lowlands') who know little other Gaelic.
Interpret as: 'best wishes from Scotland'.

It's pronounced something like Slahnge vah (very soft g)

Slainte

Liz

--

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:52:31 GMT, Liz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In message <opsh8umgrnx5vgts@zoete_b>
> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Slainte
>>>

>> I don't know this word. I couldn't find it in any of my dictionairies
>> either (All English or English->Dutch). What does it mean.
>>

> It's (Scots) Gaelic.
> (It might also be Irish Gaelic, for all I know.)
> It means Health, and is the usual abbreviation for Slainte mhath, meaning
> 'good health', a traditional Scottish toast, even for us 'lallans'
> speakers
> ('lowlands') who know little other Gaelic.
> Interpret as: 'best wishes from Scotland'.
>
> It's pronounced something like Slahnge vah (very soft g)

Like I'm ever going to be able to reproduce that correctly

> Slainte

Well, thank you Liz. Both for the wish and the explanation.

'Good health' to you too,