Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Should I?

Re: Should I?

Luigi Donatello Asero

And what about ASP?
Do you prefer ASP, PITHON, PERL or PHP to connect a website to a database?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:Vlmqd.9696$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And what about ASP?
> Do you prefer ASP, PITHON, PERL or PHP to connect a website to a

database?

Sorry, Python not Pithon.
May-be this is a good website about it!
http://www.python.org/

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/...s-italien.html

Toby Inkster

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> Do you prefer ASP, PITHON, PERL or PHP to connect a website to a database?

I tend to switch between Perl and PHP depending on what I need to do.

Recently I have written a PHP program that outputs ASP code for upload to
a remote server. The PHP gets its input from a PostgreSQL database, which
is populated by some other PHP pages. On Monday I will write a Perl script
that calls the PHP program, grabs the output and does the FTP upload. Fun.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS