Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS question.

CSS question.

Toby Inkster

Lauri Raittila wrote:

> Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
> more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
> than I know people that have bought something that use IE.

If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
have bought stuff online.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

C A Upsdell

"Toby Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> Lauri Raittila wrote:
>
>> Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
>> more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
>> than I know people that have bought something that use IE.

> If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
> have bought stuff online.

Not necessarily 100%. Journalists can get free, registered copies. Also,
see http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/e...5/20020528.dml .

Mimic

rf wrote:

> SpaceGirl
>

>>>CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

>>>microsoft browser.

>>...which is most people. So your point is?
>>
>>*hides under her desk*

> As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
> "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "
>
> Spacegirl, you know better than that

48% of visitors to one of my site are non IE
They range from ffox, opera, konqueror and safari, to realplayer browser
and webtv

--
Mimic

"In order to step out of the box, you must first be in the box."
"The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
"Pain is free and there to be enjoyed."
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, Toby Inkster wrote:
> Lauri Raittila wrote:
>
> If you consider only consider registered Opera users, then 100% of them
> have bought stuff online.

No. I send them cash. OTOH, they sent my registration code by email.

Henry

Lauri Raittila wrote:
> in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
>
>>rf wrote:

>>>As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
>>>"15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "
>>>
>>>Spacegirl, you know better than that
>>>

>>15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

> Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
> powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
> in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
> people using less used browsers are better customers.
>
> Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
> more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
> than I know people that have bought something that use IE. Too small and
> otherwise bad sample, but seems to support my theory

I think that u r correct.

People who afraid to change a browser, they also afraid to supply their
credit card number even on secure server because they don't have any
idea how it works.

Cheers...