Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS question.

CSS question.

Hugo de Payns

Good morning,

On
http://www.web-source.net/html_background_gradient.htm

i found a tip to create an gradient background:

style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

For tables:

style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but ();

can someone please explane to me how, (if possible) to fix this???

TIA
Hugo de Payns

mscir

Hugo de Payns wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> On
> http://www.web-source.net/html_background_gradient.htm
>
> i found a tip to create an gradient background:

> style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
> startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">
>
> For tables:

> style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
> startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">
>
> Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but ();

This works on my IE6... in the head section of your page:

<link href="style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">

in the style.css file:

body {
filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient( endColorstr='#C0CFE2',
startColorstr='#FFdddd', gradientType='0');
}

Mike

rf

Hugo de Payns wrore:

> i found a tip to create an gradient background:

style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
2',
> startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

This is IE only stuff. You will not expect it to work in real browsers.

style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
2',
> startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

See above. Also look at the "Microsoft" bit in there.

> Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but ();

CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using a
microsoft browser.

--
Cheers
Richard.

SpaceGirl

rf wrote:
> Hugo de Payns wrore:
>

>>i found a tip to create an gradient background:

> style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
> 2',
>
>>startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

> This is IE only stuff. You will not expect it to work in real browsers.
>

> style="filterrogidXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gr adient(endColorstr='#C0CFE
> 2',
>
>>startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');">

> See above. Also look at the "Microsoft" bit in there.
>

>>Now i like to have these code in an CSS-file, but ();

> CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using a
> microsoft browser.

....which is most people. So your point is?

*hides under her desk*

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

rf

SpaceGirl

> > CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

> > microsoft browser.

> ...which is most people. So your point is?
>
> *hides under her desk*

As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
"15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "

Spacegirl, you know better than that

--
Cheers
Richard.

SpaceGirl

rf wrote:
> SpaceGirl
>

>>>CSS does not support microsoft specific things, except if you are using

>>>microsoft browser.

>>...which is most people. So your point is?
>>
>>*hides under her desk*

> As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
> "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "
>
> Spacegirl, you know better than that

15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

I'm just playing anyway. You know that I know better

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Neal

SpaceGirl wrote:

> 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

Let's say 15% of the world wants your product. But which 15%?

Reminds me of a sign I saw on a house - "Warning: This home guarded three
nights a week by a man with a shotgun. Guess which three."

SpaceGirl

Neal wrote:
> SpaceGirl wrote:
>
>> 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

> Let's say 15% of the world wants your product. But which 15%?

That's why you should always research your market well.

> Reminds me of a sign I saw on a house - "Warning: This home guarded
> three nights a week by a man with a shotgun. Guess which three."

lol

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
> rf wrote:

> > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states loudly:
> > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "
> >
> > Spacegirl, you know better than that
> >

> 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
people using less used browsers are better customers.

Of couse, nothing proven here, but it would seem logical. I know much
more people that use Opera or FF and has bought something out the net
than I know people that have bought something that use IE. Too small and
otherwise bad sample, but seems to support my theory

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Lauri Raittila" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> in alt.html, SpaceGirl wrote:
> > rf wrote:

> > > As you should, when your client hurries up to your desk and states

loudly:
> > > "15% of the poeple out there cannot use my web site "
> > >
> > > Spacegirl, you know better than that
> > >

> > 15% of the people out there may account for 0% of your market, so...?

> Lets think it this way: People that use some other browsers are usually
> powerusers of internet. Power users of internet are more likely do stuff
> in internet. Like actually buy something from net. So it could be that
> people using less used browsers are better customers.

You may be right!

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk