Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Opening links in new window

Opening links in new window

Henry

Karl Core wrote:

> Dropdowns suck
> Opening **** in a new window sucks
> http://karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=25

I have to admit that you are absolutely right Karl.
It's unbelievable how many people could have problem with new window.
Sometimes I think that is doesn't matter how easy could be a new task to
learn, the most people will still refuse to learn it anyway.

Good one... treat users as total idiots and provide for them a
functionality they will be able understand.

But that means... if most people will not change to FF or Opera, how
long we will have to endure IE and Windoze??????

erikd@nospam.wanted.here

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:02:35 +0800, Henry <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>BernieH wrote:
>> Thanks for all input so far. The site is an intranet which uses frames.
>> Sites within the home domain will open up within the frame; but for outside
>> sites we really need to open a new window; not popups. JavaScript will not
>> be a problem since JavaScript is enabled by default on all computers which
>> will use the intranet.
>>
>> Hoping this clarifies things

>Try...

The key portion of the above is the target="_blank" as stated above.
I'm in the same position as you. I have frames and for some windows I
want to open a new window, while in others I want to open it in the
same window.

--
Erik

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)>
said:

> I'm in the same position as you. I have frames and for some windows I

http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php

> want to open a new window, while in others I want to open it in the
> same window.

Sigh. It's not about what *you* want. It's about what your *users* want.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au