Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help required viewing pages on my secured ssl

Help required viewing pages on my secured ssl

Dynamo

Hi,
When I go to other sites and visit pages over an SSL I am presented with a
dialogue box that sais "You are about to view pages over a secure connection do
you wish to continue?" However, when I redirect from my homepage to another page
stored on my SSL server I get no such dialogue box.

Is this dialogue box automatically displayed in internet explorer or do I have
to call it within my html? If I need to call it, then how do I do that?

Regards
Dynamo

Philip Ronan

Dynamo wrote:

> Hi,
> When I go to other sites and visit pages over an SSL I am presented with a
> dialogue box that sais "You are about to view pages over a secure connection
> do
> you wish to continue?" However, when I redirect from my homepage to another
> page
> stored on my SSL server I get no such dialogue box.
>
> Is this dialogue box automatically displayed in internet explorer or do I have
> to call it within my html? If I need to call it, then how do I do that?

A URL would help. It sounds to me like either (a) your SSL server isn't
working properly, of (b) Internet Explorer isn't working properly.

Do you still get the "secure" icon in your browser window when you visit the
SSL pages?

--
phil [dot] ronan @ virgin [dot] net
http://vzone.virgin.net/phil.ronan/

Mimic

Dynamo wrote:

> Hi,
> When I go to other sites and visit pages over an SSL I am presented with a
> dialogue box that sais "You are about to view pages over a secure connection do
> you wish to continue?" However, when I redirect from my homepage to another page
> stored on my SSL server I get no such dialogue box.
>
> Is this dialogue box automatically displayed in internet explorer or do I have
> to call it within my html? If I need to call it, then how do I do that?
>
> Regards
> Dynamo

if your url is the one you posted after this post, then you dont have
ssl. ssl urls start : https://

--
Mimic

"In order to step out of the box, you must first be in the box."
"The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
"Pain is free and there to be enjoyed."
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

rf

Dynamo wrote:

> Is this dialogue box automatically displayed in internet explorer or do I

have
> to call it within my html? If I need to call it, then how do I do that?

The dialog box is produced by IE, if it is configured to do so (this is a
user option).

--
Cheers
Richard.

Dynamo

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mimic says...

>if your url is the one you posted after this post, then you dont have
>ssl. ssl urls start : https://

Sorted!!

Thanks for that. It seems that I can view pages on my SSL server regardless of
wether I start with http:// or https:// . If I start them with https:// the I
get the dialogue box "You are ......." as described in my original post. Have
contacted my webhosts cos in my mind if I accidently redirect to http:// instead
of https:// then I should get the standard IE message "Cannot find page......
blah blah". What do you think?

Regards