Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > [OT] Google launches new search engine

[OT] Google launches new search engine

Alan Cole

Google has launched a new search tool aimed at improving the public's
access to academic material.

Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]
http://www.tsunami-site-design.co.uk [Website Design]
http://tinyurl.com/64xrd [Plusnet ISP]

Toby Inkster

Alan Cole wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4033575.stm

Pretty nifty. Seems to use citations between documents instead of links to
create a sort of "ScholarlyPageRank".

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Matthew Superstar Swass

Amazing how this company continues to innovate new idea after new idea in a
period in which every other internet company is just ripping each other off.

That's why I find it funny when you see these clueless stock analysts on TV
saying Google is nothing special since anyone else can just copy what they do.
Guess what? You can't catch up with someone by ripping off their stuff when
they are constantly 6, 12, 24 months ahead of everyone else.