Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > which HTML editor do you use?

which HTML editor do you use?

Rappie

Hi,

I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
good program to make and (professional) website?

Thanks for now,

Rappy

Jeffrey Silverman

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:29:06 +0000, Rappie wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
> editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
> good program to make and (professional) website?
>

> Thanks for now,
>

> Rappy

Jeez-o-effin-kee-righst on a pogo stick! How many times does this
question have to be asked? Frikin google a bit, hoss...

--
Jeffrey D. Silverman | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

SpaceGirl

Rappie wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
> editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
> good program to make and (professional) website?
>

> Thanks for now,
>

> Rappy

FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
except, perhaps, for Word.

DreamWeaver MX 2004 is probably the very best program, and one which
most professional designers use. But it's not a program for newbies -
unless you already know HTML inside out, dont go near it.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

brucie

In alt.html SpaceGirl said:

> FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
> except, perhaps, for Word.

nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does. its
reeeeeeeeeally bad.

l i t t l e v o i c e s

brucie

In alt.html Rappie said:

> what kind of HTML editor you use to make your website?

http://editor.usenetshit.info/

others:

HTML
free:
jedit: http://www.jedit.org/
nedit: http://www.nedit.org/
ewisoft: http://www.ewisoft.com/
netpadd: http://www.netpadd.com/
araneae: http://www.araneae.com/
1st page: http://www.evrsoft.com/
crimson: http://crimsoneditor.com/
ezpad: http://www.mmedia.is/ezpad/
pnotepad: http://www.pnotepad.org/
acehtml: http://freeware.acehtml.com/
screem (linux): http://www.screem.org/
notetab light: http://www.notetab.com/
html-kit: http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
context: http://www.fixedsys.com/context/
pspad: http://www.pspad.com/en/index.html
websmill: http://www.xtreeme.com/websmill/
SciTE: http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
metapad: http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
slickedit (linux http://www.slickedit.com/
quanta (linux): http://quanta.sourceforge.net/
bluefish.(linux): http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
tswebeditor: http://thaler.ennstal.at/tswebeditor/
notespad: http://www.newbie.net/NotesPad/index.html
pagebuilder: http://www.tafweb.com/pagebuilder.html
grey matter pro: http://www.pagetutor.com/misc/grey.html
editpad lite: http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html
stones webwrite: http://www.webwriter.dk/english/index.htm
matizha sublime: http://www.matizha.com/en/products/sublime/

not free:
textpad: http://www.textpad.com/ [$30]
notetab: http://www.notetab.com/ [$10+]
editplus: http://www.editplus.com/ [$30]
ultraedit: http://www.idmcomp.com/ [$35]
editpad: http://www.editpadpro.com/ [$40]
hypertext studio: http://www.olsonsoft.com/ [$100]
top style: http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/ [$80]
namo: http://www.namo.com/products/webeditor/ [$90]
acehtml pro: http://www.visicommedia.com/acehtml/ [$50]
ibm websphere: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/webservers/hpbuilder/ [$70]
spider writer: http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Products/SpiderWriter/ [$80]

PHP
phpedit: http://phpedit.org/ [$0]
winsyntax: http://winsyntax.com/ [$0]
hydraPHP: http://www.coldmind.com/ [coming soon]
devphp: http://devphp.sourceforge.net/ [$0]
phped: http://www.nusphere.com/products/ [$300]
top php studio: http://www.top-systems.net/ [$30]
dzsoft php editor: http://www.dzsoft.com/dzphp.htm [$40]
Expert Editor: http://www.ankord.com/phpxedit.html [$35]
komodo: http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/ [$30+]
phpcoder: http://www.phpide.com/go/programs/php_coder.htm [$0]
Davor's PHP Editor: http://www.pleskina.com/dphped/main.php [$0]
maguma studio/workbench: http://www.maguma.com/products/?article=Studio {$40+]

XML
xopus: http://xopus.com/ [$850]
editml: http://www.editml.com/ [$90+]
xmlpro2: http://www.vervet.com/ [$0]
cooktop: http://www.xmlcooktop.com/ [$0]
xray: http://www.architag.com/xray/ [$0]
xmlwriter: http://www.xmlwriter.net/ [$100]
oxygen pro: http://www.oxygenxml.com/ [$100]
blueprint: http://www.xmlblueprint.com/ [$45]
xmlmind: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ [$0/$220]
peters xml eiditor: http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/ [$0]
xmlspy: http://www.xmlspy.com/products_ide.html [$400]
morphon: http://www.morphon.com/xmleditor/index.shtml [$0]
turboxml: http://www.tibco.com/solutions/produ.../turbo_xml.jsp [$270]

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Karl Core

"Rappie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CmImd.5863$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>

> I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of
> HTML
> editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this
> good program to make and (professional) website?

You know what's great about usenet? The messages to the newsgroups get
archived so that it becomes somewhat of an information repository. This is
especially valuable for people like you, who can go to the archives and
search for the answer yourself. It is even more valuable to the groups'
regulars who don't have to answer the same question 3x a week!

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

King of Red Lions

brucie wrote:
> In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
>

>>FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web pages...
>>except, perhaps, for Word.

> nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does. its
> reeeeeeeeeally bad.

WHat are you talking about guys (and girls)? Frontpage, word and excel
are awsome editors, you know what the best one is though? Publisher!!!
Wooooo *gets really excited*

Neal

Rappie wrote:

> what kind of HTML
> editor you use to make your website?

Has it been a week already? Wow, time flies.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

King of Red Lions wrote:

> brucie wrote:
>
>> In alt.html SpaceGirl said:
>>
>>> FrontPage is probably the single worst program for making web
>>> pages... except, perhaps, for Word.

>> nope, rf has a link somewhere to an example of what excel does.
>> its reeeeeeeeeally bad.

> WHat are you talking about guys (and girls)? Frontpage, word and
> excel are awsome editors, you know what the best one is though?
> Publisher!!! Wooooo *gets really excited*

Whoohoo! I LOVE Publisher!!!

Now where can I upload my 247KB "Hello World" page?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

SE

<alt.html , Rappie , (E-Mail Removed)>
<CmImd.5863$(E-Mail Removed)>
<Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:29:06 GMT>

> I read a book about HTML programming and I was wondering, what kind of HTML
> editor you use to make your website? We all know MS FrontPage, but is this a
> good program to make and (professional) website?

The editor used has little to do with it - although some editors can
make life a bit easier than others .

It could be said a web author is the same as a typewriter as its the
input that makes the results what they are & web design is one of
hardest things to learn unless you are naturally gifted .

Despite what you might like to think most users on here (myself
included) arnt naturally gifted in web design - so dont worry about it .

I use homesite myself but 'html kit' from www.chami.com is well worth a
look .

--
www.smtpemail.co.uk