Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > [Help] Mozilla don't work well on my site

[Help] Mozilla don't work well on my site

Aquila Deus

Hi all!

Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.

It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/

I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
bugs:

1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.

2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
scrollbar...

Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

brucie

In alt.html Aquila Deus said:

> Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
> It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...no-ip.org/HLI/

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...1&profile=css2

l i t t l e v o i c e s

SpaceGirl

Aquila Deus wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
>
> It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
>
> I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> bugs:
>
> 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
>
> 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> scrollbar...
>
> Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Aquila Deus quothed:

> Hi all!
>
> Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
>
> It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
>
> I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> bugs:
>
> 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
>
> 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> scrollbar...

I think your doctype is screwed up.

--
Neredbojias

Aquila Deus

Neredbojias <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) m>...
> Without quill or qualm, Aquila Deus quothed:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
> >
> > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
> >
> > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> > bugs:
> >
> > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
> >
> > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> > scrollbar...

> I think your doctype is screwed up.

Thanks, I just fixed it. But this doesn't help

Aquila Deus

SpaceGirl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Aquila Deus wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
> >
> > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
> >
> > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> > bugs:
> >
> > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
> >
> > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> > scrollbar...
> >
> > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

> validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did. It's completely valid. I think the bug is related to the
implementation of mozilla/firefox rather than w3c standard.

Aquila Deus

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi all!
>
> Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
>
> It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
>
> I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> bugs:
>
> 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
>
> 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> scrollbar...
>
> Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

Aquila Deus

(E-Mail Removed) (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
> >
> > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
> >
> > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
> > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
> > bugs:
> >
> > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
> > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
> > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
> > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
> > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
> >
> > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
> > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
> > scrollbar...
> >
> > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

> I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
> bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

point 2 is solved )

BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

Leif K-Brooks

Aquila Deus wrote:
> BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

Aquila Deus

Leif K-Brooks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Aquila Deus wrote:
> > BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

> I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
> least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

I have two. One is that the CSS3 'opacity' property doesn't work
correctly (ok on mozilla), and the other one is my menu... the
onmouseout is raised at the wrong time... dunno why.