Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Is there a HTML way to remove the toolbar??? or any other?

Is there a HTML way to remove the toolbar??? or any other?

Tom Szabo

Hi All,

Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the browser
than using

" ...toolbar=no ..."

in the

window.open(...)

is there a way to do it after the browser opened? (say some Java script)

are there any parameters or style like stuff that can be embedded in the
HTML code and does it when the new page created?

or is the above method the ONLY way???

TIA,

Tom

Tom Szabo

"Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Tom Szabo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4195fe4f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

> browser
> > than using
> >
> > " ...toolbar=no ..."
> >
> > in the
> >
> > window.open(...)

> No.. and don't try...
>
> You have the inside of my browser. Use that. Do NOT go monkeying around

with
> the rest of my browser or anything else on my system.

It is for a web based application and I need to do it. Just looking for
alternatives to the only way I know sofar...

Thanks anyway,

Tom

Noozer

"Tom Szabo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4195fe4f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

browser
> than using
>
> " ...toolbar=no ..."
>
> in the
>
> window.open(...)

No.. and don't try...

You have the inside of my browser. Use that. Do NOT go monkeying around with
the rest of my browser or anything else on my system.

Tom Szabo

"brucie" <****@usenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In alt.html Tom Szabo said:
>
> > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

browser
> > than using

> attempting to remove browser functionality will remove visitors.
>

> --
> the facts and opinions expressed by brucies
> l i t t l e v o i c e s
> are not necessarily the same as those held by brucie.

It is not for visitors!!!

It is for internal use ....

brucie

In alt.html Tom Szabo said:

> It is for internal use ....

gee my crystal ball didn't mention that.

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Toby Inkster

Tom Szabo wrote:

> It is not for visitors!!!
> It is for internal use ....

Usually it is possible to hide the toolbar using your browser's "View"
menu.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Mitja

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:42:08 +1000, Tom Szabo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

> browser
>> > than using

I think not, though I never really tried.

> It is not for visitors!!!
> It is for internal use ....

Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

--
Mitja

Tom Szabo

newspshenacsddob4us@localhost...

wrote:

> > browser

> I think not, though I never really tried.
>
> > It is not for visitors!!!
> > It is for internal use ....

> Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:

<input
onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes, toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">

If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
same time or I can do this:

<input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">

this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

this is my problem...

Steve Pugh

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:34:14 +1000, "Tom Szabo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
>Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
>I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:
>
><input
>onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes ,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
>ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
>
>If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
>same time or I can do this:
>
><input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
>onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">
>
>this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
>new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
the submission to that window.

<form target="windowName'"
onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes ,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,location=no');
return true;">

Steve