Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > selecting text in browser

selecting text in browser

Gregor Traven

Hi,

I have a problem with IE. When I want to select some text on my site using
IE the moment I start dragging over text the whole page is selected along
with images and stuff. I can't possibly select just one paragraph or a line
or just one word. The whole page is selected momentarily. I have no such
problems using Opera but since majority of viewers uses IE this gives me a
headache. Thanks for the answers

Gregor

Neal

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:58:17 +0100, Gregor Traven
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,

Howdy.

> I have a problem with IE.

So do the rest of us.

> When I want to select some text on my site using
> IE the moment I start dragging over text the whole page is selected along
> with images and stuff. I can't possibly select just one paragraph or a
> line
> or just one word.

I can't select anything. Mainly because you didn't tell us the URL.

> The whole page is selected momentarily. I have no such
> problems using Opera but since majority of viewers uses IE this gives me
> headache.

Post the URL, and take two Aleve for the headache.

> Thanks for the answers

My pleasure.

Gregor Traven

Hi

This is the url: http://www.lutke-zajec.si

Gregor

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:58:17 +0100, Gregor Traven
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

> Howdy.
>
>> I have a problem with IE.

> So do the rest of us.
>
>> When I want to select some text on my site using
>> IE the moment I start dragging over text the whole page is selected along
>> with images and stuff. I can't possibly select just one paragraph or a
>> line
>> or just one word.

> I can't select anything. Mainly because you didn't tell us the URL.
>
>> The whole page is selected momentarily. I have no such
>> problems using Opera but since majority of viewers uses IE this gives me
>> headache.

> Post the URL, and take two Aleve for the headache.
>
>> Thanks for the answers

> My pleasure.

Neal

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:38:18 +0100, Gregor Traven
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is the url: http://www.lutke-zajec.si

I just selected text in Opera.

a posodobitev
strani: 06.11.

In Firefox I can too - even though the rendering is very problematic. You
have to look at this site in Firefox.

Zadnja posod

And in IE 6: a problem. I can't pinpoint why, but there are numerous
problems with the design. Likely one of them is assisting this problem, or
even causing it.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ke-zajec.si%2F

Sybren Stuvel

Gregor Traven enlightened us with:
> This is the url: http://www.lutke-zajec.si

26 errors when validating.
http://validator.w3.org/check?url=ht...utke-zajec.si/

Sybren

Neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Gregor Traven quothed:

> Hi
>
> This is the url: http://www.lutke-zajec.si
>
> Gregor

That happens sometimes when you use the absolute positioning style in IE.

As a workaround, try different (and perhaps more "traditional") methods
of achieving your desired results.

--
Neredbojias