Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > print code

print code

Morris

How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this page"?

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 03:50:26 GMT, Morris <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in
alt.html:

> How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this page"?

Get them to use a browser that allows printing. Then they can use the
print option under the menu, use the shortcut icon on the toolbar, use a
keyboard shortcut, or any number of other ways the browser has built in
to allow them to print a page.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Neal

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 03:50:26 GMT, Morris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this page"?

Well, most users will probably use the Print abilities of their browser.
Why bother adding a link?

brucie

In alt.html Morris said:

> How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this
> page"?

you're reinventing the wheel its going to be square.

l i t t l e v o i c e s

Matthew Superstar Swass

>Why bother adding a link?

Depending on the target market of the site, it may have a large number of
computer dummies.

Spartanicus

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew Superstar Swass) wrote:

>>Why bother adding a link?

>Depending on the target market of the site, it may have a large number of
>computer dummies.

And you want to keep them dumb why?

--
Spartanicus

Sybren Stuvel

Matthew Superstar Swass enlightened us with:
> Depending on the target market of the site, it may have a large
> number of computer dummies.

Then learn them to use the browser's print feature. That works on
*all* pages. It's a lot harder for them to remember which page had a
"print me" button, where it was, etc.

Sybren

Neal

On 09 Nov 2004 08:00:11 GMT, Matthew Superstar Swass
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Why bother adding a link?

> Depending on the target market of the site, it may have a large number of
> computer dummies.

So teach them to use their browsers, not some special thing only your site
will offer.

The old give a man a fish thing.

Morris

OK! I got the message. I have seen pages with thr "print this page" on them
but I don't remember where.
"Morris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:68Xjd.27477$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this page"?

Neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Morris quothed:

> OK! I got the message. I have seen pages with thr "print this page" on them
> but I don't remember where.
> "Morris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:68Xjd.27477$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > How can I have a page printed when a person clicks on "print this page"?

My curiosity has gotten the better of me. Are you by any chance the
famed "Cat"?

--
Neredbojias