Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > some fonts

Reply
Thread Tools

some fonts

 
 
Jan Faerber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2004
Hey!

With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php

I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
of what I see.
So how can I get more fonts?

Ciao




--
Jan

http://www.janfaerber.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mitja
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2004
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:30:01 GMT, Jan Faerber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
> http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
>
> I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
> of what I see.
> So how can I get more fonts?


By installing them on your system, maybe? I'm afraid I don't understand
the problem.

BTW, in my environment, 1,2,4,5 and 3,8 look the same.


--
Mitja
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Philip Ronan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2004
Jan Faerber wrote:

> With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
> http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
>
> I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
> of what I see.
> So how can I get more fonts?


It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
"Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
"Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.

You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
correctly.

Veranda => Verdana
Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)

--
Philip Ronan
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(Please remove the "z"s if replying by email)


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan Faerber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2004
Philip Ronan wrote:

> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
>> With Opera and Mozilla I tried to view some fonts:
>> http://213.47.90.11/alt.html/some.fonts.php
>>
>> I don't know what you see but I took three screen shots
>> of what I see.
>> So how can I get more fonts?

>
> It looks like opera is doing something with the fonts "Helvetica" and
> "Times" that doesn't happen in the other two browsers. My guess is that
> these fonts don't exist in your system, so it's substituting them with
> "Arial" and "Times New Roman", which are the Windows equivalents.
>
> You could probably display more fonts on this page if you spell them
> correctly.
>
> Veranda => Verdana
> Curier => Courier (or probably "Courier New" on your system)


Thank you Philip!
Verdana remains the same but Courier shows up now.




--
Jan

http://www.janfaerber.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan Faerber
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2004
Jan Faerber wrote:

> Philip Ronan wrote:
>
>> Jan Faerber wrote:


> Thank you Philip!
> Verdana remains the same but Courier shows up now.


My correction:

http://www.janfaerber.com/alt.html/some.fonts.corr.php



--
Jan

http://www.janfaerber.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java cannot recognise some fonts simonccui@gmail.com Java 1 05-09-2006 02:20 PM
SLOW BOOT-UP....i cut back on fonts, but now some foxfire text missing reeltyme2002@yahoo.com Firefox 0 06-11-2005 05:01 PM
Fonts suddenly unreadable in IE 6.0 - All other system fonts appear normal Emily Computer Support 3 06-09-2005 04:52 AM
Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Calc, And Some Others Load Fonts, Printer Properties, and Setup Slow. Jerry G. Computer Support 2 03-05-2005 10:13 PM
asp fonts problems (chinese fonts become ??????) sam ASP General 0 06-06-2004 06:15 AM



Advertisments