Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > wmv in html page does not allow scanning the timeline

Reply
Thread Tools

wmv in html page does not allow scanning the timeline

 
 
davidshook
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-01-2004
I have wmv8 video files embeded in html pages. The video plays with no
problems, but it does not allow the user to scan the video's time
line. In mozilla the scan controlles are grayed out, and in IE the
scanning control has no effect.

A user has no choice but to watch the whole video from begining to
end. The option to move around in the movie time line is disabled. I
tried different settings and it still doesn't work. I even tried it on
a different computer and the problem is still there.

The video file are made with adobe premier pro, wmv version 8 and 9,
video file setting: variable rate constrained and I even tried it once
with constant rate.


Please help.

Here is the code I used:


<object id="video" classid="CLSID:05589FA1-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A"
border="0" height="236" width="320">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
<param name="ShowControls" value="1">
<param name="AutoStart" value="1">
<param name="AutoRewind" value="0">
<param name="PlayCount" value="0">
<param name="Appearance value=" 0="">
<param name="BorderStyle value=" 0="">
<param name="MovieWindowHeight" value="300">
<param name="MovieWindowWidth" value="320">
<param name="FileName"
value="http://mywebaddress.com/somefile.wmv">
<embed src="http://mywebaddress.com/somefile.wmv"
type="application/x-mplayer2" loop="true" autostart="true"
controls="true" height="300" width="320"></embed>
</object>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-01-2004
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (davidshook) wrote:

Inappropriate cross posting removed.

>I have wmv8 video files embeded in html pages.


>Please help.


http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...htm#audiovideo

>Here is the code I used:


Don't post code to the group, supply a url.

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hyweljenkins@hotmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004

Spartanicus wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (davidshook) wrote:
>
> Inappropriate cross posting removed.
>
> >I have wmv8 video files embeded in html pages.

>
> >Please help.

>
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...htm#audiovideo
>
> >Here is the code I used:

>
> Don't post code to the group, supply a url.


It makes perfect sense to post code snippets to the group, particularly
an isolated piece of code such as this.

--
Hywel

 
Reply With Quote
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004
On 2 Nov 2004 00:32:22 -0800, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Spartanicus wrote:
>> Don't post code to the group, supply a url.

> It makes perfect sense to post code snippets to the group, particularly
> an isolated piece of code such as this.


In this case, the functionality of the code needs testing. To do so, each
user must set this up in a test page individually, or the user can supply
it pre-uploaded for easy access. The latter is certainly preferable,
though an additional brief citation of code isn't harmful.

This one is not too long - we've seen entire pages of code posted,
however, so that's why we generally suggest a URL instead of code.
 
Reply With Quote
 
davidshook
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004
I am not sure who you are. I am assuming that you are a moderator.

1. I did not post a link to the page since the videos are not public
videos and even if the pages were available to the public, some may
offend the people who view these pages.

2. Please, the link you provided is nothing more than lecturing. It is
not a tutorial of how to do things as far as video on the video is
concerned.

I have many reasons to provid an embeded video rather than a link.
One reason would be PRESENTATION. I need to present the information
in a spicific way. For example,a picture gallery would most likely
have thumbnail embeded rather then text links to a picture. And a news
article probably will have a picture related tot he article embeded in
the article.
Similarly, a video page may have additional information on the page
that needs to be shown with the video.





Spartanicus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) tanicus.utvinternet.ie>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (davidshook) wrote:
>
> Inappropriate cross posting removed.
>
> >I have wmv8 video files embeded in html pages.

>
> >Please help.

>
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...htm#audiovideo
>
> >Here is the code I used:

>
> Don't post code to the group, supply a url.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Spartanicus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004
(E-Mail Removed) (davidshook) wrote:

Top posting and not snipping quotes is not appreciated here. Corrected
this once.

>> >I have wmv8 video files embeded in html pages.

>>
>> >Please help.

>>
>> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...htm#audiovideo
>>
>> >Here is the code I used:

>>
>> Don't post code to the group, supply a url.


>I am not sure who you are. I am assuming that you are a moderator.


This group is unmoderated.

>1. I did not post a link to the page since the videos are not public
>videos


Ah, we assume that questions posted here relate to authoring for the www
if not explicitly stated otherwise.

>and even if the pages were available to the public, some may
>offend the people who view these pages.


In that case brucie would probably be all the more interested.

>2. Please, the link you provided is nothing more than lecturing. It is
>not a tutorial of how to do things as far as video on the video is
>concerned.
>
>I have many reasons to provid an embeded video rather than a link.
> One reason would be PRESENTATION.


Who's stopping you from styling the link? You've obviously not bothered
to read the document, as it deals with that.

>I need to present the information
>in a spicific way. For example,a picture gallery would most likely
>have thumbnail embeded rather then text links to a picture. And a news
>article probably will have a picture related tot he article embeded in
>the article.
> Similarly, a video page may have additional information on the page
>that needs to be shown with the video.


Irrelevant.

--
Spartanicus
 
Reply With Quote
 
davidov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2004
Would be nice if someone would actually answer the question.
Anyone knows why the wmv doesn't allow movement in the timeline?
 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2004
davidov wrote:

> Would be nice if someone would actually answer the question.
> Anyone knows why the wmv doesn't allow movement in the timeline?


Ask in a wmv group?

--
Cheers
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Historical timeline for a web page Chris Davoli ASP .Net Web Controls 1 11-12-2007 01:18 PM
document type does not allow element "HTML" here. bbxrider HTML 9 10-18-2007 07:56 AM
newbie: allow deny vs deny allow Jeff ASP .Net 2 09-19-2006 02:12 AM
Location element in the Web.config file. Allow System Admin whole directory, allow others specific page Ryan Taylor ASP .Net Security 1 09-09-2004 06:52 PM
MCSD Timeline Sean MCSD 2 10-14-2003 08:35 PM



Advertisments