Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how can you do this?...

how can you do this?...

Kris

http://camacho.tv/index.php

When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
picture. I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.
I'm not really into programming and web development, but nonetheless, I'm
hoping that I can accomplish this with some sort of tool maybe?

Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
you can see the same thing?

many thanks!
Kris

brucie

In alt.html Kris said:

> http://camacho.tv/index.php
> When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
> picture.

i'll take your word for it. i stopped wasting my time/money/bandwidth at
100k.

> I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.

heres a click picture and display another one thingy:
http://butterflies.usenetshit.info/

--

v o i c e s o f t h e l i t t l e

Mitja

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://camacho.tv/index.php
> [implemented random header images]

> Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
> you can see the same thing?

http://www.oktaeder.com and probably quite a few others

Best way to do it is server-side scripting (perl, python, asp, php, ...), but you can also do it with a bit JS - don't ask me for actual code, though, I just know it's doable. You should be able to find the code in one of the many javascript archives on the web.

--
Mitja

Jeffrey Silverman

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris wrote:

> http://camacho.tv/index.php
>
> When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
> picture. I really like this and I wish I could have it on my site.
> I'm not really into programming and web development, but nonetheless, I'm
> hoping that I can accomplish this with some sort of tool maybe?
>
> Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this? Or do you know other sites where
> you can see the same thing?
>
> many thanks!
> Kris

It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.

Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php

Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

--
Jeffrey Silverman
** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

Dan Ruscoe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Jeffrey Silverman
says...
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:39:06 +0200, Kris wrote:
>
> > http://camacho.tv/index.php
> >
> > When you click the picture banner on top of the page, it opens a new
> > picture.

> It is not just when you click the picture banner -- it is when you reload
> the page. Thus it is some sort of server side random image thingy.
>
> Here is my solution (in PHP) for the random image thingy:
> http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/random_image.php
>
> Just keep reloading the page and a new random image appears.

For the OP, use Jeffrey's script and link the resulting image to the
page it resides on to gain the effect of loading a new image every time
it is clicked.

Kris

Thanks a lot everyone for the input, especially Jeffrey!
That's what I was looking for!

Kris

news(E-Mail Removed)...