Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > mouseover (css)

Reply
Thread Tools

mouseover (css)

 
 
Jochen Fuhrmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004
Is there a way to define an area that is framed and the frame changes
the color if the mouse is inside the area? No javascript! The problem
is, that I want to display contents inside the frame, so the whole area
shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area
.... dogma-jochen
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Dorward
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004
Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:

> Is there a way to define an area that is framed and the frame changes
> the color if the mouse is inside the area?


:hover applies to all elements. Apply it to any block. (There is a bug in
MSIE, it only supports it on links).

> No javascript! The problem
> is, that I want to display contents inside the frame, so the whole area
> shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area


So you want an area to change colour when pointed at, but it isn't an active
area? That isn't a good idea. A colour change says "CLICK ME!".

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jochen Fuhrmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004
David Dorward wrote:

>>No javascript! The problem
>>is, that I want to display contents inside the frame, so the whole area
>>shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area

>
>
> So you want an area to change colour when pointed at, but it isn't an active
> area? That isn't a good idea. A colour change says "CLICK ME!".


i should get rid of the "click-hand" then, how do i do that
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jochen Fuhrmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2004
sorry for that, it's not there, thanx alot

Jochen Fuhrmann wrote:
> David Dorward wrote:
>
>>> No javascript! The problem is, that I want to display contents inside
>>> the frame, so the whole area
>>> shouldn't be a link or something, because I need links inside the area

>>
>>
>>
>> So you want an area to change colour when pointed at, but it isn't an
>> active
>> area? That isn't a good idea. A colour change says "CLICK ME!".

>
>
> i should get rid of the "click-hand" then, how do i do that

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mouseover highlight of datagrid row TJS ASP .Net 1 02-17-2004 01:36 PM
How can I do text1.text=dropdownlist1.DataTextField on "dropdownlist1.MouseOver"? Morten ASP .Net 2 12-19-2003 06:16 PM
ASP dotnet question - mouseover Steve Chatham ASP .Net 1 11-17-2003 08:32 PM
Need help with hyperlink mouseover wazoo ASP .Net 2 10-24-2003 06:27 PM
Re: LinkButtons and MouseOver Vidar Petursson ASP .Net 1 07-09-2003 07:10 AM



Advertisments