Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > streaming audio tutorial?

streaming audio tutorial?

star green

I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

Many thanks!
star

Neal

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:57:55 GMT, star green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

Travis Newbury

In article <nihfd.5123$kr4.4410@trnddc01>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

google "streaming audio tutorial"?
--
-=*Tn*=-

star green

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <nihfd.5123$kr4.4410@trnddc01>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
>> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

> google "streaming audio tutorial"?
> --
> -=*Tn*=-

yeah but a lot of them are very out of date

star green

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:57:55 GMT, star green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
>> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

Thanks Neal, I'll check it out.

Here's another question: does anyone have any resources for putting a player
on the site? I'm not sure we want to do this, but we're considering all our
options. For example, something like the player on this page:
http://myspace.com/jas

Thanks again!
star

brucie

In alt.html star green said:

> Here's another question: does anyone have any resources for putting a player
> on the site?

just link to the file so the visitor can decide to play it if they want
to and in their preferred player.

--
brucie{display:nude;}

Spartanicus

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

--
Spartanicus

star green

"star green" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm making a website for a singer and will need to put streaming audio on
> the site. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?
>
> Many thanks!
> star

Thanks to everyone who answered me! Much appreciated.

After much consideration & research, we've decided to use Wimpy Player for
streaming audio. (www.wimpyplayer.com)

all best,
star