Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT Opera 7.54 Buggy

OT Opera 7.54 Buggy

Davmagic .Com

c r a p

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com/
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com/
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Barbara de Zoete

Op Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:48:53 -0400, schreef Davmagic .Com <(E-Mail Removed)>:

> c r a p

Learn how to quote.
Learn how to apply a decent sig.
Learn how to act in a social environment.

BTW: I wont stay around to see you make progress or desperately fail ...

*ploink*

--
PretLetters <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/>
Zweefvliegen <http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/html/vliegen.html>

Michael Winter

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:24:34 -0400, Davmagic .Com <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Before I continue, it seems a very bad idea to name files, PAGES<n>.html,
where n is some arbitrary number. Surely learn.html and glossary.html are
better names than PAGES22.html and PAGES48.html, respectively.

>> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Neal)
>> <snip crap>

> It's all bull....

Such intransigence says something quite important.

[snip]

> Wait till Opera upgrades again, and if they show any common sense,
> you'll see the page renders exactly like it does in all the rest of the
> browsers...

And why is it in their interest to do that? As you've already been told,
according to the Recommendation, there is nothing incorrect with regard to
Opera's behaviour.

> I have watched their previous levels and they keep getting better, but
> are still not near [...] even IE!

You're ****ing kidding me, right?

Rather than bitch that an excellent browser doesn't quite fit your
misguided ideas of "conformance", why don't you write with Strict HTML,
thereby skipping this entire debate. The Transitional DTD is, as suggested
by its name, an intermediate phase. Clearly its intent was to allow legacy
documents to use presentational HTML and keep them valid, whilst new
documents forge ahead with CSS.

[snip]

Mike

--
Michael Winter

C A Upsdell

"Davmagic .Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Again if an author writes valid code irregardless of whether or not it
> pleases certain individual's tastes, then that author upon comparing
> various browser renderings, should decide which browsers are better or
> worse... and if a great majority of browsers render the code the same
> way, and only one excepts to the rest, then most logical thinking
> individuals should find that it is the browser, not the code that needs
> refining!

I hope your code is not as muddy as your English. (Hmm, just checked your
site, and your code IS just as muddy!)

If I understand you correctly, you are asserting that, if most browsers
render code a certain way, then there are bugs in the browsers that don't.
If you truly believe this, then be prepared for future shock: the future
will have many surprises for you.

Toby Inkster

Davmagic .Com wrote:

> "Right" in the sense of what I want... No... Opera may interpret the
> code the way it does, but the other browsers interpret it the way I
> intended...

Do what I want, don't do what I tell you to do?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Toby Inkster

http://www.d8a.co.uk/online-shop/hpt-wma40p_s.gif

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Neal

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:48:58 +0100, Toby Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Neal wrote:
>> Toby Inkster wrote:
>>> ... I will design all my products so that it's
>>> impossible for men to use them.

>> I'd like to see the interface.

> http://www.d8a.co.uk/online-shop/hpt-wma40p_s.gif

Yep, there's no way I could work that!

Lemming

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Neal wrote:
>> Toby Inkster wrote:

>>> Most people are female, so I will design all my products so that it's
>>> impossible for men to use them.

>> Er... I'd like to see the interface.

>http://www.d8a.co.uk/online-shop/hpt-wma40p_s.gif

What the heck *is* that thing?

Lemming
--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.

Dylan Parry

As an authority on the subject, Lemming proclaimed:

>>http://www.d8a.co.uk/online-shop/hpt-wma40p_s.gif

> What the heck *is* that thing?

Isn't it one of those magic things that girls use to make our shirts smell
of flowers?

--
Dylan Parry
http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

Wrm

"Davmagic .Com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> c r a p

awww, how cute, baby troll...

*troll detected, give instructions to get under the bridge and stick on
knitting*

<snip>

Comparisons of IE, Opera and Firefox on DOM (Javascript/CSS) support(Opera wins) Bob HTML 24 05-21-2006 05:31 PM
ASP.NET and VERY buggy VS.NET 2003 Elliot Rodriguez ASP .Net 9 02-04-2006 05:30 PM
VS2005 C# is very BUGGY, please hlp Rob Dob ASP .Net 10 12-07-2005 05:49 AM
buggy theme problem Matt Firefox 3 09-11-2005 07:38 AM
Opera 7.53 vs Opera 6.0 ? Hockey Buff Computer Support 3 08-17-2004 08:53 PM

Advertisments