Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.

Reply
Thread Tools

Tables with different color left and right borders, no top or bottom borders, etc.

 
 
George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
Hi,

I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
right borders.

I though the tag was something like this:
<table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
<tr>
<td

I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
scripting language.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
George
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:50:12 GMT, George
<h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
> right borders.
>
> I though the tag was something like this:
> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
> <tr>
> <td
>
> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
> scripting language.


It's easy as ****ing on a pumpkin in CSS. Why do you not want that
solution?

Which, incidentally, is:

table {
border-left: blue;
border-right: red;
}

Or:

<table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
otherattributes="values">
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
brucie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
In alt.html George said:

> I though the tag was something like this:
> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>


<table style="border:1px solid;border-left-color:blue;border-right-color:red;">

http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
> scripting language.


they're much more clever than i am.


--


v o i c e s
 
Reply With Quote
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:36 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Which, incidentally, is:


not:

> table {
> border-left: blue;
> border-right: red;
> }
>
> Or:
>
> <table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
> otherattributes="values">


But:

table {
border-width: 1px;
border-style: solid;
border-left-color: blue;
border-right-color: red;
}

Or:

<table style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-left-color:
blue; border-right-color: red;" otherattributes="values">
 
Reply With Quote
 
George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:36 -0400, Neal <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:50:12 GMT, George
><h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen a table, somewhere that had different colors for left and
>> right borders.
>>
>> I though the tag was something like this:
>> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>
>> <tr>
>> <td
>>
>> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
>> scripting language.

>
>It's easy as ****ing on a pumpkin in CSS. Why do you not want that
>solution?
>
>Which, incidentally, is:
>
>table {
> border-left: blue;
> border-right: red;
> }
>
>Or:
>
><table style="border-left: blue; border-right: red;"
>otherattributes="values">


I found what I was originally looking for:

<table border="5" bordercolorlight="red" bordercolordark="blue">

I tried your second method, but that did not work.
This is why I don't really care for CSS. I use JavaScript sometimes,
when I find a really cool script effect.

But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
cross-browser.

Thanks,George

 
Reply With Quote
 
George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
Thatnk you both for your updates.

YES, they will work.

Thanks aplenty,
George


On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:00:51 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
wrote:

>In alt.html George said:
>
>> I though the tag was something like this:
>> <table leftborder=blue, rightborder=red>

>
><table style="border:1px solid;border-left-color:blue;border-right-color:red;">
>
>http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
>
>> I know one thing for sure - it wasn't done in CSS or any special
>> scripting language.

>
>they're much more clever than i am.
>
>
>--
>
>
> v o i c e s


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neal
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 04:27:51 GMT, George
<h_arle/yNO.SPAMd_avidso/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I tried your second method, but that did not work.


Because I screwed it up.

> This is why I don't really care for CSS.


Well, don't judge CSS on my inconsistency.

> I use JavaScript sometimes,
> when I find a really cool script effect.


But JS is less likely to be available than CSS. CSS isn't a security risk.

> But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
> cross-browser.


That's what I'm sayin'.
 
Reply With Quote
 
brucie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
In alt.html George said:

> Thanks aplenty,


please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices.

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post


--


v o i c e s
 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
George wrote:
>
> I found what I was originally looking for:
>
> <table border="5" bordercolorlight="red" bordercolordark="blue">
>
> I tried your second method, but that did not work.
> This is why I don't really care for CSS.


<head style="position: sand;"/>

> I use JavaScript sometimes,
> when I find a really cool script effect.


Javascript can not cause an element to have borders, of any colour, unless
you fiddle with the style (that is, CSS) of course

> But the simple stuff like for what I wanted here, must work
> cross-browser.


And what makes you think the above will work cross-browser? There are no
such attributes as bordercolorlight and bordercolordark in the HTML
specifications. These things are a Microsoft invention. The fact that some
browser other than IE may support them is more accidental than anything
else.

--
Cheers
Richard.


 
Reply With Quote
 
George
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-25-2004
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:35:17 +1000, brucie <****@usenetshit.info>
wrote:

>In alt.html George said:
>
>> Thanks aplenty,

>
>please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices.
>
>How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
>http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post


Thanks again. I will comply about the top post.
I had no idea. I lurn something nu evry day.

Here's one though:

<td bgcolor=AliceBlue
onMouseOver="document.bgColor='AliceBlue'";return= true>&nbsp&nbsp</td>

On a table, I have the above statement, which does just what it's
supposed to.

But, I would like to add a caption, so the little yellow banner pops
up and shows Alice Blue.. Akin to alt="Alice Blue", on the <img src
statement.

How can I include a caption function in that <td statement?
Thanks,George
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double left click jump to top, same with ctrl or shift to jump to bottom? Eadwine Rose Javascript 2 10-15-2006 08:38 PM
How do we know the memory arrangement using in microprocessors? Top-Bottom or Bottom-Top? Cuthbert C Programming 8 09-13-2006 12:09 PM
Weird.. this DVD has bars on left and right, as well as top and bottom... jeffhanson7183@hotmail.com DVD Video 1 03-24-2006 07:55 PM
Tables left / right link eddy HTML 2 09-06-2004 09:47 PM
Which AVI2MPG converter clips bottom, top, left and right? Gerry Hartfield DVD Video 4 04-09-2004 03:41 PM



Advertisments