Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Embedded Quicktime Movie Problem

Embedded Quicktime Movie Problem

Alan Cole

A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
page at
http://www.storm-riders.co.uk/dbdriv...ion=videoclip1
but I can only get the first couple of seconds of the movie to download.
Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Is it working for you?

Thanks.
Al.

--
Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]

Spartanicus

Alan Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
>onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
>page

>Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

--
Spartanicus

Noozer

"Alan Cole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)21.co.uk...
> A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
> onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
> page at
> http://www.storm-riders.co.uk/dbdriv...ion=videoclip1
> but I can only get the first couple of seconds of the movie to download.
> Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? Is it working for you?

Quicktime is evil...
- You can't size it or zoom it
- It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
movie
- Quality is poor
etc...

Alan Cole

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) us.utvinternet.ie>,
Spartanicus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Alan Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
> >onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
> >page

> >Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

> You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
download either way here though.

Al.

--
Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]
http://www.tsunami-site-design.co.uk [Website Design]
http://tinyurl.com/64xrd [Plusnet ISP]

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=

Alan Cole wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) us.utvinternet.ie>,
> Spartanicus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Alan Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>A client of mine has asked me to put a small (1.1MB) quicktime movie
>>>onto his site. I have uploaded it to the server and embedded it into a
>>>page

>>>Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

>>You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
>>http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

> I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
> stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
> download either way here though.

Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
(ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
automatic.

Yours Sincerely,
SamuŽl ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

Alan Cole

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
SamuŽl ML Lison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Alan Cole wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed) us.utvinternet.ie>,
> > Spartanicus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>You attempted to embed, you should have linked instead:
> >>http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

> > I will have options on the page that links to it to either download,
> > stream or embed the video clip.... I still can't get the whole thing to
> > download either way here though.

> Try re-uploading the file with your FTP Client from scratch. It may be
> corrupt, and you may have uploaded it in the sending format
> (ASCII/Binary). If your FTP client has this option available, use
> automatic.

Cheers, but it can't be that as everyone else here is able to view it...
I think it must be caused by my ISP.

Al.

--
Alan Cole. E-mail: justal at lineone dot net
http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk [Coastal Sports]
http://www.tsunami-site-design.co.uk [Website Design]
http://tinyurl.com/64xrd [Plusnet ISP]

Jim Royal

In article <ooGed.9569$nl.3019@pd7tw3no>, Noozer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Quicktime is evil...
> - You can't size it or zoom it

Yes, you can.

> - It always starts at 100% volume regardless of what you set in the last
> movie

True, but who cares?

> - Quality is poor

Hardly.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

True, the Sorenson 3 codec is beginning to show its age, in comparison
to ones like Xvid, but given a good source, Sorenson still looks
lovely.

More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
content authoring. It also is still the most cross-platform format we
have as content authors. MPEG-4 ought toibe the new cross-platform
standard, but Microsoft is still playing games with standards, as
usual.

--
Jim Royal
"Understanding is a three-edged sword"

Eric B. Bednarz

Jim Royal <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> More importantly, QuickTime is still the most robust architecture for
> content authoring.

That's fine; but many people are concerned about content *viewing* as
well, and the corresponding plugin has an impressive reputation of
messing up M$ windows installations (that was my experience back then as
well, I couldn't possibly tell for post '98 though, but I still know a
charming number of non-geeks who would rather host a flock of
amok-running terrorists in their home than installing the QT plugin
again -- and it might come as a surprise, but the majority of house and
garden users do not use a beige toaster).

--
| ) Pi√Ļ Cabernet,
-( meno Internet.
| ) http://bednarz.nl/

Listening to mp3 files embedded in web pages - Is QuickTime required? RichCI Firefox 2 01-24-2007 05:04 PM
No sound when viewing quicktime movie trailer in FF 1.5 Douglas Firefox 2 12-09-2005 01:53 AM
Embedded QuickTime doesn't work in Firefox 1.0.7 RyeTronics Firefox 1 11-02-2005 12:37 AM
embedding quicktime movie tracy HTML 1 07-08-2004 08:59 PM
Quicktime embedded video and linux Ted Computer Support 3 06-23-2004 03:39 PM

Advertisments