Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Where to host my site?

OT: Where to host my site?

(Pete Cresswell)

My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school reunion
site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a single
reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage CYA...but low
traffic - *really* low traffic.

Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like that?
i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?

I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

--
PeteCresswell

Roy Schestowitz

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

> My current email provider only allows fifty megs.
>
> Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school
> reunion
> site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a
> single reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage
> CYA...but low
> traffic - *really* low traffic.
>
> Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like
> that? i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?
>
> I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

You can get a quarter of a gig storage and 1 gig traffic per month for $20
(a year!) with Catalyst2.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

brucie

In alt.html (Pete Cresswell) said:

> My current email provider only allows fifty megs.

my old ISP only allowed 1mb. ok 10 years ago but a bit primitive now.

> I'll be putting up a high school reunion site for my class over the
> next few weeks.

i went to my 10 year reunion and discovered i was almost the only guy
who hadn't been in prison!

considering what an evil little bastard i was in school it was very
surprising, i guess i grew up.

--

v o i c e s

Toby Inkster

brucie wrote:

> i went to my 10 year reunion and discovered i was almost the only guy
> who hadn't been in prison!

That's only because you were so skilled at framing your ex-classmates for
your crimes.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Frogleg

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:27:53 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My current email provider only allows fifty megs.
>
>Unless a new gig comes up real soon, I'll be putting up a high school reunion
>site for my class over the next few weeks. The CD I just published for a single
>reunion runs about 100 megs...so I'm thinking a gig of storage CYA...but low
>traffic - *really* low traffic.
>
>Can anybody give me an idea of what I should be paying for something like that?
>i.e. low traffic, a gig (absolute max...) of disk space?
>
>I don't need industrial-strength reliability.

Check with your school system. My reunion site was hosted through a
cooperative teacher who oversaw the school's website. It was a little
tedious to send everything to her, but it was free.