Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS based horizontal menu bar, need help as not working in Opera & Mac/IE

CSS based horizontal menu bar, need help as not working in Opera & Mac/IE

Reckless

Hiya,

After posting this in a forum with no responses I thought I'd try my luck
here. 1st time posted here so apologies if this isn't the best place for it.

I found a thread on a forum
(http://www.codingforums.com/showthre...ge=1&pp=15)
which seemed like an excellent menu system (menu authored by Brothercake).
However, I needed a horizontal menu bar and there was a non-working demo
which looked like just what I needed within the replies.

However, when I grabbed the code tried it out it didn't seem to work
properly on Opera (I tried it on V7.54) or Mac/IE. In both cases the main
items on the menu bar sit in a vertical stack instead of next to each other
on the menubar.

Are there any gurus out there who could help me out please?

My test page is here (http://www.adamhearn.co.uk/web/menubar.html)

It uses CSS (internal to the HTML) and some Javascript. I've not edited
either of these components from the original example I downloaded. I have
placed the javascript into an external file however.

I've tested the menubar under IE6, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Safari and
Mac/IE. The priority is Opera but I'd also like some sort of solution for
Mac/IE given that I have a few users with that browser (they cannot run
Safari as they don't have OS X!).

Thanks in advance !!

Deryck

"Reckless" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl43ml$rj3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya,

Morning

> Are there any gurus out there who could help me out please?

No, but I'll have a go

Try this:
/* main nav */
ul#menu { cursor: default; position: absolute; z-index: 1000; top: 64px;
left: 0; width: 100% }

thats width 100% rather than auto. Works for me in Opera now.

HTH

Deryck